Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

FlowStone 3.0.9 Beta2

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: FlowStone 3.0.9 Beta2

Postby Rocko » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:45 am

HI,

Might jave found a bug ...

It might be a local setup only, but it seems to me that 3.0.9 beta is more sensitive to audio interface changes than previous versions.

It looks like some bug.

Try (for instance) to save a schmatic with a specific audio interface running and close the utility (FS).
Then replace the audio interface and restart the schematic. On my machine - it simply want start.

I do not recall this error on previous versions of the software. And I think it is more with ASIO than DS.

Thanks
Rocko

Postby Nubeat7 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:50 pm

i'm wondering if the final release will be out before the 27th of april..
otherwise it will be the longest update period since the "1 year support licence deal" which would be just a farce then...

beside all the new and great stuff in this release, there is still the fact that you have to pay another 100 dollar to get the last version bugfixed...

in this case i really would prefer a licence for 2 or more updates which is more common anyway and doesn't lead into sticky situations like this which just pisses customers off

sorry the rude words but its really bad that 3.06 seems to be the last really stable version, sure there where a lot of new and great things in the later versions but always troubles included which makes them unusable for me,

it also would be very helpful to have a list of all actual bugs in the first post of the threads which are here to report troubles, so i could see where to be careful...

i really hope that the final release will be very stable and mostly bugfree, so that i can update again instead of sticking with 3.06..
Nubeat7

Postby BobF » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:39 pm

Hello gang,
I kind of really agree with Nubeat7 here and I do not even have the standalone version. I believe the way it should work is any bug fixes should always be free no matter what version you have and then improvment upgrades can cost, but like Nubeat7 said for a longer period of time or for a much smaller cost in my opion. I have the Fl Studio version of Flowstone and would really like to try 3.09 but can not. After spending big bucks for Fl Studio I would really like to try a demo of 3.09 before I even consider putting out more, and then I wish it was a little less costly and upgrades for a longer prriod.

Later then, BobF.....
BobF

Postby tor » Wed May 04, 2016 2:03 am

I have now installed all updates and thinkable Windows XP extras but I still get: C:\Prog.....\FlowStone.exe is not a valid Win32 aplication, on the 3.09 Beta 2.

I managed to get the 3.08.1 to install and run properly.

I guess the latest beta is built on a newer OS than XP and thus is not compatible.
tor

Postby MyCo » Sat May 14, 2016 4:51 pm

FIY "all" crashs reported in this thread have been fixed. They were all caused by the same bug :mrgreen: Unless I missed a post during the time I was off. There was a request to increase the buffer size for the client/server primitives, this is done too. Unfortunately we can't do it without limits, but the new limit is quite high (256kB) so if you hit that, you should try a different approach anyway.

The Audio/Midi issues reported are a bit harder to reproduce/fix. I'm currently looking into the Audio-I/O issue Rocko reported. It sounds like something that I might have broken :mrgreen:

@Walter: I tried to reproduce the screen size problem. But I honestly don't get it. I guess your main problem is, that you want to display the screen in fullscreen. But since it's still a normal window it gets managed by windows and placed automatically. 2 ways to fix it:
1. check "Fullscreen" checkbox in the exe export dialog
2. use a "Exe Full Screen" Primitive and trigger the fullscreen yourself.
I tested both, and the screen is shown correctly. However you have to make sure you zoom your schematic to 100% (double click on the zoom slider) before exporting the EXE else it's just the size you exported it. <-- That actually something that FS should handle itself... not sure if we should fix it, as it has some benefits.

I'll put the mouseRUpCaptured on the todo list, it should be something easy to add unless I don't know of a problem Malc ran into and that's why he didn't include it already :mrgreen:
MyCo

Postby Tronic » Sat May 14, 2016 6:23 pm

MyCo wrote:There was a request to increase the buffer size for the client/server primitives, this is done too. Unfortunately we can't do it without limits, but the new limit is quite high (256kB) so if you hit that, you should try a different approach anyway.

Thank for that, but...

Possibility to set the receiving port on the Client primitive, instead of always having a random port?
Possibility to set the listener IP on the Server primitive, instead of the automatic IP assignment?
Possibility to have an Ruby connector as alternative input, so I don't need always convert the data byte to hex an back?
The simple string input not accept NULL byte.
Last edited by Tronic on Sat May 14, 2016 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tronic

Postby Tronic » Sat May 14, 2016 6:27 pm

However using FS in dual screen mode,
if FS does not work on the primary monitor, the tool-tips are not displayed,
and when you use the right button on the connectors to change the type,
the selector is always displayed at the edge of the screen.
Tronic

Postby MyCo » Sat May 14, 2016 6:37 pm

@Tronic: Sounds like you're not running 3.0.9 Beta at all. This was fixed in the first beta already, because it annoyed me the most it was actually the first code change I made :mrgreen:
MyCo

Postby Tronic » Sat May 14, 2016 6:52 pm

He he, you're right. :oops:
I was testing with the last official, forgot to replace the right folder with the Beta .... :)

Regarding the latest requests you can do something? what do you think about it?
Tronic

Postby MyCo » Sat May 14, 2016 7:21 pm

Possibility to set the receiving port on the Client primitive, instead of always having a random port?

Don't understand. You can already set the port on Server and Client.

Possibility to set the listener IP on the Server primitive, instead of the automatic IP assignment?

Yeah, I think we can add that. But unless you have multiple network controllers, there is not much use of that.

Possibility to have an Ruby connector as alternative input, so I don't need always convert the data byte to hex an back?

This would certaintly break compatibility with older versions. I guess it's doable, but I wouldn't want to add that to the existing primitive. Maybe an alternative would be to add Network functionality directly into Ruby, but I'm not the right person to do that. Network communications is after 20years of software development still like voodoo to me :mrgreen:
MyCo

PreviousNext

Return to General