Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

FlowStone 3.0.9 Beta2

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: FlowStone 3.0.9 Beta2

Postby DSP-Robotron » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:17 am

Here is one gigantic bug for you, verifiable in the current demo version, v3.0.8.1, which most likely is also present in all other versions as well.

Step1: Open one synth schematic and then another and another and another and never close any of them. All those keep accumulating in the background because FS is not closing any of them and is just showing the last one while keeping the other ones hidden.

That explains why some of the plugins built by Rex have a 70 or 80 millisecond additional latency in Asio mode.
That's like running 4 copies of GTA V simultaneously and nobody even noticed the lag issue.
Yet.
Try that.

And give me a free Beta version to play with 24/7 because I haven't found any links for the 3.0.9b2 download.
Thanks.
DSP-Robotron

Postby Spogg » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:03 pm

It’s not a good idea to have more than one schematic open at a time. I only do this if I want to copy something from one to another and when 2 schematics are open you should turn off the input and output prims (midi, direct sound, asio) on all open schematics except maybe the one you’re using.
Now, is this a bug? I would say it’s just the way FS works and maybe some programs will only address the document currently in view, but not FS. It’s something I accept and don’t worry about because I never want more than 2 schematics loaded at a time. Maybe someone else here could expand on that…

If you’ve decided you like FS and want to carry on using it you should buy it, as per the licence. The FS4 alpha is not freeware and the testing is expected to be from those familiar with the official released version, and who own at least SynthMaker (its forerunner). However, I don’t moderate the development forum so any decision to grant access is down to those here who do, and I know that tulamide can make a decision for example.
Spogg

Postby DSP-Robotron » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:10 pm

They said that :
- For the first time we've decided to release a public beta for the next version of FlowStone. The software has undergone some quite significant restructuring under the hood so we really need your help to give it a thorough test.

That's a pile of bullshit because I have not seen any public beta available for download anywhere.
DSP-Robotron

Postby trogluddite » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:00 pm

DSP-Robotron wrote:I have not seen any public beta available for download anywhere

IIRC, the Betas were only released to licenced users - which may or may not count as "public" depending on who's definition you use! :lol:

However, rest assured that you didn't miss out on anything at all - it's many years since they were released, and they were so buggy that we've always recommended that no-one goes within a million miles of them. Even registered users usually stick with a version a few releases before that (v3.0.6) due to other bugginess.

Also; "Hi!" :D - I'm the other moderator around here, along with Spogg. I usually welcome folks when they join, but I had to take a little time-out.

FWIW: There is some development going on, which looks to be going well from a technical perspective; but the alpha testing group is invite-only, and that's all completely separate from these forums. The developers haven't visited here for a very, very long time - even us moderators struggle to ever get in touch with them for keeping the forum servers running (hence the nasty spam-bot problem). Even folks in the alpha-testing group are told nothing about the developer's future plans for the software (that has always been their way). Most of us here will have some sympathy with your criticism, but I'd save your curses, as there's no-one here who can make any difference. I certainly wouldn't say that FS is vapourware - the signs are more promising than they've been for a very long time - but I wouldn't recommend holding your breath while you wait for the next official release, either! ;)
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby DSP-Robotron » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:13 am

trogluddite wrote:
DSP-Robotron wrote:I have not seen any public beta available for download anywhere

IIRC, the Betas were only released to licenced users - which may or may not count as "public" depending on who's definition you use! :lol:

No No No No. That's not the definition of public at all. Public means you can download it from any torrent you want without any other logins or registrations or excuses or anything like that. Just report the bugs back to base or forum or whatever. That also explains why all of it is so buggy and slow and crippled and overpriced and abandoned and ignored and so on.

If Unreal Engine can afford to make it all of it's source code completely public and open and pay only 10% royalties if you end up profiting from it somehow or making money with it somehow, then FS should have done way more in that direction. A 7 day limited time demo is not enough to learn it or to try anything with it. Where are the DSP/Assembler/Ruby manuals which are needed to make fast components ? I have not seen any good manuals/videos/tutorials aside from some super basic examples. Where are the Ruby2DSP, DSP2Ruby, Ruby2Assembler, Assembler2Ruby, DSP2Assembler and Assembler2DSP converters or translators ? Come on people. Those are just absolute minimums that are really needed every single day if you really want to make something with it. What is some people want to code everything in C or C++ or Python and then convert the code to DSP or Assembler. Somebody scammed all those options already. Without a prepaid scamming permit. So... There you have it. It needs trillions of updates and bug fixes real quick. In 10 minutes or less. Go! Go! Go!
DSP-Robotron

Postby trogluddite » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:35 pm

DSP-Robotron wrote:Come on people

Which people? I already said that no-one here is your fairy godmother who can wave a wand to make FlowStone into your ideal fantasy application. We might (!) be able to help you to use it better, but we can't make it be what it isn't.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
trogluddite

Postby deraudrl » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:50 pm

Am I the only one smelling a whiff of troll?
I keep a pair of oven mitts next to my computer so I don't get a concussion from slapping my forehead while I'm reading the responses to my questions.
deraudrl

Postby trogluddite » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:58 pm

deraudrl wrote:Am I the only one smelling a whiff of troll?

With the distinct aroma of unwashed socks. I'd have moderated earlier but I wanted to get a peek at the laundry label! ;)
trogluddite

Postby tulamide » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:26 pm

deraudrl wrote:Am I the only one smelling a whiff of troll?

I'm glad my senses aren't gone totally paranoid. I guess, kindness and rational behaviour are relics of the past nowadays.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby Spogg » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:33 pm

Either super-clever and quick to learn… or not a newbie!
Spogg

PreviousNext

Return to General