Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Combination Circuits/Schematics

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Combination Circuits/Schematics

Postby tulamide » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:58 am

Hey tiffy, all of the last ruby examples are standard functions and can be found including their examples on ruby-doc.org

Wouldn't it make more sense to present examples that are not already covered?
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby tiffy » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:24 am

tulamide wrote:Hey tiffy, all of the last ruby examples are standard functions and can be found including their examples on ruby-doc.org

Wouldn't it make more sense to present examples that are not already covered?

tulamide, maybe true if you already have all the correct names in front of you and you know exactly what you are searching for on those websites...but it took me a while to get hold of those therefore I have put it here in one place.
tiffy

Postby tiffy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:10 am

PIRACY PROTECTION-TRIAL PERIOD AUTO SHUTDOWN-NAG SCREEN-SHAREWARE NOTICE V1.0.3 BETA:

Both the Ruby base 64 encoder and the Ruby base 64 decoder is now fully functional.

USE THIS S/N for TESTING Purposes: 29oklDHmAuiL-7K0_Wi4jA==

This schematic is meant as piracy protection for other projects and should be placed inside those schematics if you wish to do so. However, I upload this schematic as an example only and therefore I do not take any responsibility whatsoever for the use or misuse of this schematic and you use this schematic at your own risk.

1) You must have Ruby 1.9.3 (32-bit) installed in the root directory of your PC.

2) The path for the Ruby ‘base64.rb’ file is set to ‘require C:\Ruby193\lib\ruby\1.9.1\base64’ inside the encoder and the decoder.

3) The path for the base 64 encoded Code2.txt file is set to: C:\Code2.txt for saving/loading purposes.

4) Click on the initialize trigger button in the first level of the schematic prior to saving and/or exporting the schematic as an *.exe file.

5) The Code2.txt file will be created automatically and must be kept in the same directory as the exported schematic i.e. the *.exe file.

6) When the *.exe file is loaded it will search for the Code2.txt file and automatically load and decode any encoded data already stored in it.

7) The nag screen is currently set for 30 Seconds and will display at startup time. After the nag screen disappears the shareware notice will be displayed, read it and click OK (Note that you can change the info on the shareware notice to your liking).

8) After this you have 30 seconds (You can change this time and set a longer Trial Period if you wish, I have set it to 30 Seconds for testing purposes only) to enter a valid Serial Number, before the software Trial Period is up and the software will shut down automatically, and if the Serial Number entered is valid the software will authorize and all personal information as well as the Serial Number will then be hidden automatically so as not to be visible to prying eyes. The serial number and all personal details will be encoded in base 64 and saved in the file named Code2.txt on the hard disk.

9) The next time and every time thereafter that you startup the software (i.e. *.exe) it will read the Code2.txt file and compare it internally for authentication.

As part of the schematic I included the Personal details and the Hard disk S/N for possible further enhancement. Currently that info is not checked internally by the schematic as part of the authentication process but everything is still encoded and saved inside the Code2.txt file.

NOTE: The latest Windows 8-10 updates from Microsoft prevents even the Administrator to copy/paste or write to the following directory and all its sub-directories: C:\Program files (x86). This issue even prevents this schematic from saving its Code2.txt file in its own sub-directory when placed in the C:\Program Files (x86) directory. So, I created a separate directory "C:\MyPrograms" for all my software and thus far no further issues...although I have also fixed the issue with Microsoft's C:\Program Files (x86) I am not going to sit up with strange secret changes every time.
Attachments
Piracy Protection-Trial Period Auto Shutdown-Nagscreen-Shareware Notice v1.0.3 Beta.fsm
(67.31 KiB) Downloaded 990 times
tiffy

Postby tiffy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:57 pm

FLOAT TRANSITION v1.0.0 (Use primitives):

PLEASE SEE PAGE 17 FOR UPDATED VERSION 2 (There are two issues that Found with both these versions)

There is a similar flowstone stock primitive but it only accounts for integer values, this one caters for integer as well as float values but keeps in mind you can only have one digit after the decimal point for the "From and To" input control values. Otherwise, it works the same as the stock transition primitive. If you don't know how this work consults the Flowstone User Guide & the Component Reference.

[The schematic will always send an output trigger at the highest of the two input values entered i.e. "To and From". When the higher of the two input values (From -To) is entered in the "From" space provided the schematic will send an output trigger at the higher value when the output decrease. However, when the higher of the two input values (From -To) is entered in the "To" space provided the schematic will send an output trigger at the higher value when the output increase.]

Sorry guys, I uploaded the wrong schematic for v1.0.0 but v1.0.1 is the latest corrected version.

I will see if I have breath left to make a Ruby version...no promises.
Attachments
Float Transition v1.0.1.fsm
Corrected version
(149.24 KiB) Downloaded 943 times
Float Transition v1.0.0.fsm
(883 Bytes) Downloaded 1037 times
Last edited by tiffy on Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
tiffy

Postby tiffy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:01 pm

Upper lower float limits control v1.0.0 (Use Primitives):
See the help file.
Attachments
Upper-lower Float Limits Control v1.0.0.fsm
(720 Bytes) Downloaded 963 times
tiffy

Postby Spogg » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:28 am

Thanks Tiffy!

Spogg
Spogg

Postby BobF » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:47 pm

Great job,
TIFFY!

Keep them coming.

Cheers, BobF......
BobF

Postby tiffy » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:37 pm

RUBY & PRIMITIVES BUS CREATE-EXTRACT:

The Ruby version is slightly larger in size (2579 bytes) than the Primitives version (2296 bytes), everything else being the same.

Does anyone know if there is any advantage/disadvantage in using the Ruby version, maybe faster (or slower) speed ?

I know the Ruby version cannot do certain Data Types like Blue (e.g Audio), White (e.g Poly), Black (e.g. Bus Primitives Data) or Preset Output Data Connector, which is possible with the Primitives version.
Attachments
Primitives Bus Create-Extract.fsm
(2.24 KiB) Downloaded 916 times
Ruby Bus Create-Extract.fsm
(2.52 KiB) Downloaded 919 times
tiffy

Postby tiffy » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:42 am

ALTERNATIVE TO THE STOCK MULTIPLEXER:

I use this setup instead of the stock multiplexer when I want all unactivated outputs to clear and only the activated output to display data.

Warning: However, you should be aware that this setup has additional triggers (although I tried to get them to the absolute minimum) at its ouputs which logically is necessary for clearing the inactive outputs.

Thus, do not use this setup in trigger sensitive applications.
Attachments
Alt Multiplexer v2.fsm
(1.5 KiB) Downloaded 949 times
tiffy

Postby RJHollins » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:17 pm

I've used a Multiplexer a time or two ... will check this out.

Thanks Tiffy 8-)
RJHollins

PreviousNext

Return to General