Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Combination Circuits/Schematics

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Combination Circuits/Schematics

Postby tiffy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:25 pm

SPEAKER (VIBRATOR) BOX LEFT/RIGHT V3.1

I still think the current 'driving' schematic gives the best speaker response.

**Here is the new Speaker Box v3.2 which uses 8-frames made with Cinema 4D but I don't know yet how to set the center lighting for the center semi-sphere so that the movement of the speaker diaphragm shows more clearly. First time I am using Cinema 4D thus pardon my stupid effort. At least, to me, v3.2 made with Cinema 4D looks more realistic than the previous efforts. But since there is so little interest in this project I stopped developing it any further. Cinema 4D has quite a steep learning curve and to go through all that, just to do a small project like this with no interest, is not worth it.
Attachments
Speaker (Vibrator - 8 Frames) Box Left-Right v3.2.fsm
New animation frames made with Cinema 4D
(54.97 KiB) Downloaded 982 times
Speaker (Vibrator) Box Left-Right v3.1.fsm
(223.05 KiB) Downloaded 950 times
Last edited by tiffy on Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:37 am, edited 9 times in total.
tiffy

Postby tiffy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:13 pm

TIMER STOPWATCH.

I needed this for an MP3 Player I'm working on to show the elapsed time on the progress bar when a song is played, but what if you have to "pause" the song then the timer stopwatch must also pause (not reset or keep on running) or else it will give an incorrect reading for the length of the song in minutes and seconds - thus, there is a start button, a stop/reset button and a pause/lap time button. I know this can be done in Ruby but I needed something quick and I took the lazy man's way out by using primitives - this was the easy part of the project, but the control triggers to automatically control this small schematic was a nuisance, to say the least.

**In version 1.1 I removed an unnecessary primitive i.e. "Float abs primitive" which accidentally slipped in. I wanted to use the "Integer Absolute primitive" but instead used the "Integer Data component" which in this instance carry out the same function. However, the previous version will still work it is just that it has an unnecessary component i.e. "Float abs primitive" in the wrong position as well.
Attachments
Timer Stop Watch v1.1.fsm
Update - Removed an unnecessary primitive
(4.67 KiB) Downloaded 991 times
Timer Stopwatch.fsm
(5.02 KiB) Downloaded 945 times
Last edited by tiffy on Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
tiffy

Postby RJHollins » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:11 pm

Having just gone through a similar project ... I'm looking with interest at your solution.

Thanks Tiffy
RJHollins

Postby tiffy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:13 pm

FLOAT TRANSITION v2.0

I discovered two problems with the previous versions:

1) When the Input of the Float Transition was connected to the Output of a Knob it didn't trigger at the required value (However, when it was connected to a counter it functioned correctly. Must have been a primitive response issue), and

2) When you typed in new values in the "From" and "To" spaces it did send unwanted triggers.

In this version, both issues have been fixed.
Attachments
Float Transition v2.0.fsm
(29.95 KiB) Downloaded 885 times
tiffy

Postby tiffy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:30 pm

TIME DATE MODULE 12-24 HOUR CLOCK v1.0.0 (RUBY)

MODULE DISPLAYS THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:

Time: H: M: Sec: mSec (AM/PM 12H Format or 24H Format)

Day of the Week: Sunday, Monday, and so forth.

Date: Day, Month, Year.

Day of the Year.

Week of the Year.

Month of the Year.

Leap Year (Current)?: True/False

Check if Leap Year?: True/False (Here you have to enter the year you want to check).
Attachments
Time Date Module 12-24 Hour Clock v1.0.0 (Ruby).fsm
(5.89 KiB) Downloaded 949 times
tiffy

Postby tiffy » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:07 pm

4 x 3D-KNOB'S WITH POSITION RINGS:

I made these four 3D-Knobs and I tried Spogg's "Position Rings for Any knob" (Dynamic arc, or whatever you call it) on them. If you don't like the position rings you can change them (Colour, Dot, Solid etc), move them to a different position or even delete them...it is up to you.

Ctrl + LDo Click with the Mouse on the Knobs to 'jump' to Default Setting, the value which can be changed to your preference in the properties panel but is currently set to 0.5.

NOTE: I also made a Ruby version of Spogg's Position Rings but it is not included in this upload.
Attachments
3D-Knobs x 4 w-Arc.fsm
(875.63 KiB) Downloaded 980 times
Last edited by tiffy on Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tiffy

Postby Spogg » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:45 am

Very nice extension of my idea!

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby tiffy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:33 am

KNOB VECTOR PRIMITIVES (GENERAL-PURPOSE):

It is a general purpose knob which can be resized to almost any diameter by resizing its display window – done mostly with primitives…only the marker was done with Ruby since it provides more freedom of options.

One point of importance – I included on its Properties Panel a Zoom/Normal space. Currently, that space is not ‘ticked’ off with the mouse which means it is in Zoom mode. In Zoom mode the marker and outline line-thickness increase and decrease in relation to the knob diameter as it is resized. If that Zoom space is ‘ticked’ off with the mouse then the knob marker and outline line-thickness will not increase or decrease in relation to the knob diameter as it is resized.

To quickly set the knob to default position (currently set to 0.3), Hold down Ctrl + LDo Click with Mouse on the knob.
Attachments
Knob Vector with Primitives (General-Purpose).fsm
(3.48 KiB) Downloaded 927 times
tiffy

Postby Spogg » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:49 am

VERY nice Tiffy :D

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby RJHollins » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:12 pm

Thanks Tiffy !

Vector knob designs are very nice to work with, with the re-size ability.
8-)
RJHollins

PreviousNext

Return to General