Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Combination Circuits/Schematics

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Combination Circuits/Schematics

Postby Spogg » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:22 am

Wow!!

You are SO good at graphical stuff!

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby tiffy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:13 am

LOTTERY RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR

A photo of a lottery random number generator which I made for fun/a challenge put to me by a person I know. Currently, it has four different choices according to which a selection can be made. The range that can be selected from can be changed and hot / cold numbers can also be omitted or added to or from the full range of numbers and be saved in a *.txt file and recalled later if needed. The switch can be set to “single” so that the range of numbers selected from is spread over all the boards A-H (i.e. each board do not have the full range of numbers available to select from, only the first board has that privilege, the second board has six less numbers to choose from and so forth) or the switch can be set to “multiple” so that the full range of numbers which can be selected from is distributed per individual board, ie each board then has the opportunity to select from the full range of numbers. Sorting of numbers is set to occur permanent. You can either select a single board (A) or the full board (A-H) or as many boards as you prefer from the row of buttons on the right-hand side. If you want to make a new selection, you press the red button once or as many times as you prefer. If you prefer you can also zoom the lottery generator software to 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% (Default setting), 125%, 150%, 200% or Full Screen by right clicking with the mouse on the generator's face and do the required selection from there. Not that I'm gambling myself and I do not recommend or promote it as your chance to win a lottery is + - 1 in 14 million – which means maybe never in a lifetime. If I feel like it, since I was also challenged to it by someone in my area, I will later on also incorporate a numerology (though myself do not believe in that kind of stuff) selector.
Attachments
Lotto Random Number Generator1.png
Lotto Random Number Generator1.png (14.05 KiB) Viewed 26583 times
tiffy

Postby tiffy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:46 pm

METRIC COARSE & METRIC FINE DRIL/TAP CALCULATOR (Picture only):

By moving the Slider one can select a metric Coarse bolt size from M1.6 mm up to M36 mm and at the same time a metric Fine bolt size from M8 mm up to M36 mm and read off the corresponding Drill diameter for a specific bolt size as well as thread pitch, thread depth, clearance hole size for close fit, clearance hole size for a medium fit and a clearance hole size for a coarse fit. The calculator also calculates the exact thread depth & exact tap-drill sizes for both metric coarse and metric fine bolt threads at the bottom and the nearest standard drill sizes are then displayed on the left hand side of the calculator for metric coarse and metric fine threads. This comes in handy when working on engineering tasks.
Attachments
Metric Dril-Tap Calculator.png
Metric Dril-Tap Calculator.png (20.67 KiB) Viewed 26540 times
tiffy

Postby tiffy » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:16 am

Command line Instructions & Other Info - pertaining to Ruby

Pardon the sloppy document, I quickly put it together last night (ending this morning @01:27 AM) from internet sources and some Ruby books for own use as a handy readily available reference. Possibly it may come in handy for others too. I compiled this info as I constantly forget these exact command line instructions as well as to have a quick reference to look up Ruby Methods/Classes etc on the Internet.

The document contains info on the Ruby 1.9.3 Core API & the Ruby 1.9.3 Standard API, on which extended maintenance ended on 23 February 2015. It also contain some command line instructions pertaining to Ruby as well as links to websites for further info on specific items as well as links to websites from where the Ruby 1.9.3 Windows Installer, the DevKit as well as Ruby GEMS can be downloaded.
Attachments
Command line Instructions & Other Info - pertaining to Ruby.rar
(155.93 KiB) Downloaded 954 times
tiffy

Postby tiffy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:27 pm

Piracy Protection-Trial Period Automatic Shutdown-Nagscreen-Shareware Notice v1.0.2 Beta

For latest version v1.0.3 Beta see page 15.
Attachments
Piracy Protection-Trial Period Auto Shutdown-Nagscreen-Shareware Notice v1.0.2 Beta.fsm
(68.2 KiB) Downloaded 929 times
Piracy Protection-Trial Period Auto Shutdown-Nagscreen-Shareware Notice v1.0.1 Beta.fsm
Updated Code Testing & Authorizing Module (Ruby)
(69.42 KiB) Downloaded 934 times
Piracy Protection-Trial Period Auto Shutdown-Nagscreen-Shareware Notice v1.0.0 Beta.fsm
(69.02 KiB) Downloaded 908 times
Last edited by tiffy on Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
tiffy

Postby tiffy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:20 pm

FACTORIAL - HAS NO MODULE FUNCTION FOR THE MATH MODULE:

The "Math module" contains "module functions" for basic trigonometric and transcendental functions, however it does not contain a "module function" for Factorial.

Math::module_function

Example: Math::E

Therefore you first have to define a Method for Factorial prior to calling the Factorial Method.

See the attached Permutation Schematic Example which make use of the Factorial function.
Attachments
Factorial - No module function for Math module.fsm
(3.67 KiB) Downloaded 917 times
tiffy

Postby tiffy » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:07 am

Removing Duplicates as well as their Corresponding Values - Arrays:

The name tells it all.
Attachments
Removing Duplicates as well as their Corresponding Values - Arrays.fsm
(468 Bytes) Downloaded 945 times
tiffy

Postby tiffy » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:39 am

Remove Duplicates Only from an Array:

Name tells it all.
Attachments
Remove Duplicates Only from an Array.fsm
(417 Bytes) Downloaded 932 times
tiffy

Postby tiffy » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:43 am

Remove all "nil" values from an Array:

name tells it all.

NOTE: It only removes the value 'nil', but not '0'.
Attachments
Remove all -nil- values from an Array.fsm
(426 Bytes) Downloaded 934 times
tiffy

Postby tiffy » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:16 pm

Array Coercion - The Strange Ruby Splat Operator:

The Ruby Splat Operator (*) is a wily beast popping up in odd corners of ruby. This can be a nice way to make sure that a value is always an array, especially since it will handle objects that do not implement "to_a" - see the attached Ruby schematic for some examples.
Attachments
Array Coercion - The Strange Ruby Splat Operator.fsm
(2.65 KiB) Downloaded 946 times
tiffy

PreviousNext

Return to General