Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Combination Circuits/Schematics

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Combination Circuits/Schematics

Postby tiffy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:38 pm

JK FLIP FLOP EXTENSION.

According to the University Study Paper from what I can still recall:

Study revealed that very little research have been carried out on Flip Flops comparative analysis in the 100%, 87.5% and 75% active states utilization on digital device applications. In this university paper, a new approach of designing memory element (Flip Flop) with its active states utilization of 100% as against the conventional Flip Flops at 50% and 75% active states utilization which will enhance memory performance have been developed. This is evidence where the Flip Flop Extensions at 87.5% active states utilization is designed with one gate less than the conventional JK-Flip Flop. The uniqueness of this study is that computer memory speed performance can be enhanced through conventional JK-FF modification just as it is currently being done with its processor counterpart. This is a great advantage in performance over the conventional Flip Flops because fewer gates enhance performance. Efforts should be geared towards verifying the effectiveness and efficiency of these newly design Flip Flops Extension over the existing conventional Flip Flops.

My own conclusion:

Although this newly designed JK Flip Flip Extention to the conventional JK Flip Flop may be more efficient and faster, I do not understand how they can claim that this new JK Flip flip Extention has any "memory" since it do not remember any of its states. It does have one more state than the conventional JK Flip Flop in that when both the "J" and "K" terminals are made "Low" then it also "Toggles" otherwise it acts exactly like the conventional JK Flip Flop except for remembering its states.

Unfortunately I don't have the university paper anymore and cannot remember from which university the paper comes. I wonder if this can be useful in any way, maybe, but not as memory.

Caution: For the above mentioned reasons, do NOT use this thing in place of conventional JK Flip Flop. I have uploaded it here only for the sake of interest.
Attachments
JK Flip Flop Extension.fsm
(143.25 KiB) Downloaded 1016 times
tiffy

Postby tiffy » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:43 pm

ELECTRONIC DICE v1.3.

The description for this version is basically the same as the previous upload except for this one does not work with LED's but rather with Bitmap Images. I think it looks a bit more realistic as well. In fact, I wanted to make the dice to rotate but I refrained from that decision since the rotation will only be in the X, Y direction.
Attachments
Electronic Dice v1.3.fsm
(184.96 KiB) Downloaded 1037 times
tiffy

Postby tiffy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:11 am

KNOBS BITMAP x 8 (44x44x61):

I ripped the bitmaps from another 'weird' Knob framework design and uploaded it into this Knob framework. Unfortunately, the cell count of 61 is a bit too low for my purpose as I would prefer 128 cells although I like the bitmaps. Again, the designer of the bitmaps is unknown to me so It is not possible to give credit.
Attachments
Knobs x 8 (44x44x61).fsm
(121.09 KiB) Downloaded 1033 times
tiffy

Postby tiffy » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:28 pm

CONTROL OR/AND LIMIT VALUES IN GREEN & WAVE FORMS BLUE.

The Greens are the Equivalents of the Blue.

Each module contains a Help File.

1) To see the operation of the Blues connect each Blue module alternately to the Scope (optional) and switch On the DS Out primitive (Optional) and note the output on the Scope.

2) To see the operation of the Greens slowly adjust the Knob (Optional) from -4 to +4 and back and note the Output Values in each case.

(A picture is worth a thousand words).

NOTE: The "Zener Clipper" provided here is NOT for use in the Audio Output stage as it will result in clipping and thus distortion of the Audio output. This "Zener Clipper" has a different purpose than the Audio "Clipper" supplied elsewhere by someone else, and is meant to Clip or to Limit the value of a Wave Form to a preset value.
Attachments
Control or Limit Values in Green and Blue.fsm
(62.71 KiB) Downloaded 969 times
tiffy

Postby RJHollins » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:30 pm

OK ... will check this out ... Thanks Tiffy
RJHollins

Postby tiffy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:46 am

ACELLERATION/DECELLERATION/CONSTANT SPEED MODULE.

This module can be used to quickly calculate the number of timed index points for a project.

When the 1st input "Sample Duration @ Index" time in Sec (or fractions of a Sec) is made less than the 2nd the module calculates Deceleration points. When the 1st input "Sample Duration @ Index" time in Sec (or fractions of a Sec) is made greater than the 2nd the module calculates Acceleration points. When both the "Sample Duration @ Index" times are made equal the module calculates Constant Speed points.

To calculate the number of "Index points" required you provide a value for the "Index Size" for instance "360" for a full 360 Degree circle. The calculated Index Points can then be used for example either for Circular Motion or for Motion in a Straight Line or whatever practical idea you can think of.

This Module originally was intended to be used together with "Tulamide's Continuous Timed Indexing Module" (Credit: Tulamide) also included as an example only, although it may have other uses as well.
Attachments
Acelleration-Decelleration-Constant Speed.fsm
(17.61 KiB) Downloaded 962 times
tiffy

Postby tulamide » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:40 pm

If I remember correctly, then I built the module after a request to increase an index number over different time intervals. But this one is a really cool application for it!

Thanks for sharing!
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby tiffy » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:51 am

10 X LEDs BAR DISPLAY.

To display the 1st LED in the sequence as being Switched On all the time instead of being switched off (default) just move all 10 x Wireless Link Output Primitives (0-9) inside the module(s) one step upwards on the Multiplex Primitive so that the 1st Wireless Link Output Primitive numbered "0" connects to the terminal numbered "0" on the Multiplex Primitives (not default). Then you will also have to change the Knob setting on the Properties Menu from 0-10 (default) to 0-9.

Oh, too late though..there is a better way by using the "draw loop primitive" to make the same schematic.

A prosperous festive season to all of you.
Attachments
10 x LEDs Bar Display.fsm
(23.07 KiB) Downloaded 933 times
tiffy

Postby RJHollins » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:10 pm

Thanks Tiffy !

Lookin' inside ... this is such a nice, clean, schematic.

That is something I try to learn from. 8-)
RJHollins

Postby tiffy » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:24 pm

INDEX COUNTER BUTTONS WITH AUTO-REPEAT

Left Click with the mouse on the Left or Right Arrow of the Button to Decrease or to Increase the Output terminal Value respectively.

If the Left Mouse button is held down on any of the two Button Arrows for approximately more than 1/2 a second then Auto-repeat kicks in which enable to quickly increase or decrease the Output value.
Attachments
Index Counter Button with Auto-Repeat v1.fsm
(19.92 KiB) Downloaded 962 times
tiffy

PreviousNext

Return to General