Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Combination Circuits/Schematics

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Combination Circuits/Schematics

Postby tiffy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:16 pm

SKINMAN 0999L.zip

I don’t know if anyone knows about SkinMan as this is the first time ever I heard about it so I decided to share the links to the free software as well as an example I made with it.

I tried SkinMan for the first time to create the example "Computer Image (SkinMan).fsm"

SkinMan is a vector based drawing tool especially for GUI skins (like VST plugins). All objects are 2D but have lighting / shading parameters.

SkinMan/KnobMan Webpage Link:
http://www.g200kg.com/en/software/skinman.html

SkinMan 0999L.zip download Link:
http://www.g200kg.com/software/skinman0999l.zip
Attachments
Computer Image (SkinMan).fsm
(78.01 KiB) Downloaded 1071 times
tiffy

Postby DaveyBoy » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:27 am

I've played with this a little, it's a great program for GUIs, and free too.
there are a couple of demos on utube well worth watching ;)
DaveyBoy

Postby tulamide » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:42 pm

That's a program you could do easily in Flowstone as well. With easy I of course don't mean fast. It takes time to program it all, but the features are all existing in Flowstone's Ruby implementation already. (That's also why I prefer Ruby runtime drawing over bitmaps. Less file size, more artistic freedom)

One could even do an svg parser, if only it wouldn't be so time consuming :idea:
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby tiffy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:12 pm

Some Bitmap Push Buttons I made.

I do agree with you Tulamide that the bitmap Images takes up plenty of space. Even the bitmap buttons & Knobs, if you have a few 'hundred' of those in a project it could make a noticeable difference in size to your software.

But since I only build small projects for the fun of it, the Bitmap Images does not bother me much and therefore I would rather prefer the lazy or 'quick' method (Bitmap Images) as apposed to vector drawings. Thus, for my purposes SkinMan & KnobMan is sufficient - however, it is not that I am not interested in the other methods it is just that it is not worth the time involved for the purpose that I would be using it.

@ DaveyBoy, thanks I downloaded some useful videos from youtube which really assist me big time in understanding and using the Skinman (& the KnobMan) software.
Attachments
Push Buttons (Bitmap).fsm
(81.99 KiB) Downloaded 1031 times
tiffy

Postby tiffy » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:02 pm

Planetary Gear & Cage Driver with Damper Spokes (Animation)

No need for further explanation.
Attachments
Planetary Gear & Cage Driver with Damper Spokes (Animation).fsm
(174.09 KiB) Downloaded 1034 times
tiffy

Postby RJHollins » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:19 am

TIFFY .... you are a MadMan and a Genius ... scary combo ... thanks for sharing :mrgreen:
RJHollins

Postby tiffy » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:35 am

Planetary Gears (Wheel & Pinion) v1.0 - Animation.

I made a few different gear combinations and I will post them when and if time allows.
Attachments
Planetary Gears (Wheel & Pinion) v1.0.fsm
(170.05 KiB) Downloaded 1022 times
tiffy

Postby RJHollins » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:14 am

Hi Tiffy ... What kind of project are you working on ?
RJHollins

Postby Spogg » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:25 am

So COOL!!
Spogg

Postby tiffy » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:11 pm

RJHollins wrote:Hi Tiffy ... What kind of project are you working on ?

At the moment the gear combinations are just experimenting prior to building another Analog Grandfathers Clock which will display some internal gearing much much smaller than these I posted here as well as other mechanisms.

The picture below was my first effort of a Grandfathers Clock. It has a snooze Alarm which can be set and it begin softly and sounds for 15 seconds, then it shuts off for 15 seconds and then it starts up a little louder for 15 seconds and so forth until you turn it off. It also has a Tic-Toc sound that is in sequence with the seconds arm and it can be turned on or off as well as a Cuckoo bird which comes out every hour, sing its song and goes back into its bird cage and the door close by itself - this can also be turned on or off. The hour arm starts to colour the clock face from 12 o' Clock and after 12 hours again at 12 o' clock it stops the colouring and the whole process starts over again - the first half of the clock face is coloured in transparent green and the second half in transparent red. The double windows at the bottom can open and close fully or to any position one desire. The chains and weights really move as well as the pendulum. There is also a hidden switch when activated shows a digital clock at the bottom behind the pendulum with time, date, day of the week and month and year. The small gears also turn.

All the graphics (also those small chains together with their weights and the two pillars) were done by means of drawing in Flowstone except for the wooden backgrounds and the gears which are *.png images.

This Clock had many hours of work to it up to completion. The next clock should have a nicer appearance.

You guys love building software Synths, I love building old software clocks as well as some other things.
Attachments
Analog Grandfathers Clock.png
Analog Grandfathers Clock.png (414.67 KiB) Viewed 27203 times
tiffy

PreviousNext

Return to General