Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Better text - survey

For general discussion related FlowStone

Better text - survey

Postby tulamide » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:56 pm

As you all know, handling text in Flowstone is limited. We can only access and use, what is installed on the user's PC. The only way around it would be to ship your plugin with a font file and asking the user to install it.

That's not very user friendly, and many won't even consider it, because they might not want to clutter their system.

Now, if you had access to a tool that could grab any font installed on your system and create a special pixel font from it, that you can use in your plugin, without the need for the user to install anything, but with the same flexibility the system font usage has (so using it for rapidly changing readouts, creating texts on the fly, and all that jazz) - would you consider a donation for it?

Another gem from my treasure chest...

Teaser
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Re: Better text - survey

Postby kortezzzz » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:00 pm

Yep, sounds like a very cool feature. I know I would. Wish it could also save some extra photoshop workaround like "stroke" and "shadow" effects, but I have no idea if Ruby can do that. But it looks cool enough even without that.

Great idea 8-)
kortezzzz

Postby martinvicanek » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:19 pm

I'm buying it! How can I donate?
martinvicanek

Postby k brown » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:06 pm

Me too!

I'm right now laboriously going through a project changing all the fonts to Trebuchet MS, since tula scared the heck out me that Arial might disappear from MS computers.
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Postby tulamide » Sat May 02, 2020 6:38 pm

I don't work with websites that often, so I have to figure out a way to set up a webpage for this and a way to accept donations. That's more complicated than I thought, because I don't want a subscription service, and the free website offers that I saw so far especially exclude donation options on the page. I know there are shops possible as well for free, but those exclude pay-what-you-want options. :?

If anyone has tips that help me getting a webpage running with either of those options and for free, I would be forever grateful!

The main work on the tool is done, but I want to update a few things and add some convenience functions. So expect something soon! (If I get the webpage thing done, that is!)
tulamide

Postby ace-dude » Sat May 02, 2020 8:16 pm

Sounds like a nice idea, is there a problem installing fonts with the installer, assuming we make one?

I recommend gitlab for lightspeed/free (ad/bs free) websites, cloudflare caching and a free paypal button :D
ace-dude

Postby k brown » Sun May 03, 2020 3:09 am

My website is a Weebly freebie - I think it has those options, but you might have use a paid site, but their minimal one is quite low-priced.
k brown

Postby pshannon » Sun May 03, 2020 3:33 am

k brown wrote:Me too!

I'm right now laboriously going through a project changing all the fonts to Trebuchet MS, since tula scared the heck out me that Arial might disappear from MS computers.

Wait, I missed this, Arial could go away? That is the one font that makes everything fit well when you set it to "narrow". I have used this as my go to font in just about everything I do including many other programs. How do you retire a font?
pshannon

Postby k brown » Sun May 03, 2020 3:52 am

Unless I misunderstood these posts:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37341&start=10
k brown

Postby tulamide » Sun May 03, 2020 5:03 am

k brown wrote:Unless I misunderstood these posts:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37341&start=10

No, you didn't. Arial is not a system font anymore. Therefore you can't rely on it being present on a user's system. This won't happen overnight, but it is to be expected.
tulamide

Next

Return to General