Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

DAW screen recording issue

For general discussion related FlowStone

DAW screen recording issue

Postby tulamide » Fri May 15, 2020 4:19 am

Wow, this is a strange issue! Some while ago I installed Voicemeeter Banana to record my DAW into video footage. I followed the user guide of Voicemeeter and all was relatively easy to set up. I then used it several times to record videos successfully.

Today I wanted to record a video again. And it doesn't work. The settings are all the same, no changes made. But while I can record my browser or anything else that makes sound, I can't record my DAW. It gets even more strange, as I can hear my DAW playing! Example: I play a song in my DAW and play a video in my browser. My soundcard plays both, but my recording software only records the browser audio. How on earth can that be?

I tried with ReLive and OBS, both react the same. I also tried with Cakewalk and Reaper, they also behave the same. So it'S clearly an ASIO issue, but how can I hear the DAW, while recording the output, and not hearing the DAW in the recording? I don't get it.

Any tips welcome, because I get desperate!
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Re: DAW screen recording issue

Postby adamszabo » Fri May 15, 2020 8:33 am

I once had a similar issue. If you are on Windows 10, go to security settings and you have to enable the DAW to use your microphone (which will be the stereo mix in this case), perhaps it got disabled?
adamszabo

Postby Spogg » Fri May 15, 2020 9:04 am

I actually don’t know, but weird stuff like that happens to me sometimes.

For ages, if I came out of sleep mode I had to disable and re-enable my USB audio interface in Windows, otherwise no sound. It worked fine after a full reboot; it was just coming out of sleep mode. It hadn’t used to be like that.

That went on for months but a few days ago it stopped happening. I changed nothing!

And for a while my PC keyboard didn’t work after a full reboot, but did after waking up. I had to unplug and re-plug the USB for the keyboard.

The two weird things weren’t concurrent, but I suspect the USB system has a demon in it. A primitive consciousness that arises as a result of complexity and interacting elements. And for some reason it resents me.

Seriously, I can only suggest you treat it like you just built the PC and it has this problem. In my own case I gave up on stuff like Voicemeeter Banana. I settled on wiring the output from my USB audio to the line-in on my motherboard sound and record from that. But again, I know it doesn’t explain the change you got.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby tektoog » Fri May 15, 2020 12:49 pm

Hey,
From my side, I would suggest to check your sampling rate.
On my system, I've almost got the same issue as Spogg.
Everyday I have to boot up my PC twice, because the default set up of my soundcard is 44100hz, but Win10 runs at 48khz, even though I have the option to let the card adjust automatically to the environment sampling rate.
It seems, either the feature is not recorded by WIN10 or Win10 overrides or bypasses the card setup...
But the weirdest thing, is that after a reboot, everything works fine... Maybe the PC boots to fast the first time for the PCI slot to send info to the card... (but I'm probably guessing wrong there)
Nevertheless the other day I tweaked the sampling rate of my card before resigning to reboot, and after putting the card on manual set up at 48khz, the sound came back and that's how I found out about the sampling rate issue.
Also, because FS default sampling rate is at 44100hz, I encounter the same issue when using ASIO in FS... I have to turn off the ASIO out of the ASIO prim before I can play something with Winamp which uses DS drivers, set up at 48khz by Win10... 2 different sampling rates just don't do it in Win10... A solution may be to use ASIO4ALL to override all sampling rates from all parties...
Just a hint, hope it helps... ;)
"Essential random order for chaotic repetitive sequences"
tektoog

Return to General