Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Pack your de-zippers for co-efficients with stereo pack

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Pack your de-zippers for co-efficients with stereo pack

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:42 am

adamszabo wrote:
k brown wrote:I'm so puzzled by all these threads. I've built some pretty complex synths, and I use and test them on a 20 year old Win XP machine. I've never encountered any of the problems that Robert posts 'solutions' to - am I just incredibly lucky?

I sometimes wonder if his computer has major issues. Of course all of these things are related to effects (EQs and dynamics processors, etc.), is there a fundamental difference between synths and effects regarding these issues - mono vs poly, or something?

The answer is simple, he is using modules created by others for things that they werent designed for. Since he lacks the sufficient knowledge to understand and fix them, he assumes its a problem with FlowStone, then when we tell him its not he gets defensive. I provided the fix for his project to prove he is wrong, but got no reply...

It's because when you use only flowstone you do not experience these issues. But if you use the flowstone fl studio version, you'll experience anything the end result will, in the DAW. It's sometimes baffled Me; by using flowstone schematics in a DAW as I have when they have issues that probably hadn't been cited due to the same oversight.

And I made those RBJ filters myself, and posted them on the site for free.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby adamszabo » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:26 am

wlangfor@uoguelph.ca wrote:It's because when you use only flowstone you do not experience these issues. But if you use the flowstone fl studio version, you'll experience anything the end result will, in the DAW.

Again, another thing thats not true, so I will stop you right there. I dont use the FL Studio FlowStone, I downloaded your schematic, and opened it in the normal FlowStone, and the problem was exactly the same. But from your sentence you are STILL blaming flowstone and not your lack of knowledge because you know everything in the universe and you simply CANNOT be wrong.

You dont understand how to properly pack SSE channels that was the problem. In your schematic you send a packed signal to the input of the filter, but then the coefficients are not packed properly. Since the input is packed, SSE Channel 0, will be Left, and SSE Channel 1 will be Right. So now the filter wants to access the coefficients in those channels.

In your first mode "stereo ASM pack" you got lucky and the first two channels were correct, thats why it worked. In "mono4 pack" only the first SSE channel had the coefficient, the rest of the channels were all 0, thats why only the right channel made any sound. Then lastly "fast ASM pack" crashed because you packed the values wrong (or you didnt pack it you used someones asm pack code and you didnt understand it), The coefficient 1 was on the correct SSE channel1, but the value of coefficient 2 was sent to coefficient 1, SSE1, and so on , all the coefficients were all over the place, so when you sent audio to the filter, the wrong coefficients sent it out of bounds, and it exploded thats why it crashed.

So there you go, just once in your life say you didnt know this and not you learned something new.
adamszabo

Postby MichaelBenjamin » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:47 pm

Last edited by MichaelBenjamin on Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
MichaelBenjamin

Postby MichaelBenjamin » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:15 pm

MichaelBenjamin

Previous

Return to General