Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

HDMI?

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: HDMI?

Postby tulamide » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:00 pm

I bought an HDMI cable. €10, claims to be "High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet and 4K support". All I cared for was that it was the cheapest I could get nearby in an electronic shop. At first a big shock, I connected the monitor to the graphics card and started the PC, but everything kept black. Only when I disconnected the old monitor (connected via DVI) was it that the new monitor showed an image. I'm now writing on the new, large monitor, and for the first time in month, I don't have to take off my glasses and get 6 cm in front of the screen, of put on the glasse and walk away 2m. It just works with my glasses on and 30-60 cm away.

It's just a bit disappointing that I couldn't use the old monitor as a second screen for a while. That would have been exciting to experience, and I could have used the monitor for 1 or 2 more months.

EDIT: Forgot to thank you all for the tips. I was so excited. Sorry and thank you!
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Re: HDMI?

Postby pshannon » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:27 pm

You should be able to use both monitors with that card. If what I am saying it trivial, I apologize. I use 3 monitors on my main system. The first monitor was the default monitor and when you disconnected it, the auto detect kicked in switching to the HDMI port.
You have to tell windows it is there and to expand the screen by right click on the desktop and select screen resolution . You can mix and match the output display ports hdmi/dvi. There is no reason why 2gb video ram won't support this. I hope this helps!
pshannon

Previous

Return to General