Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Win10-What to do?

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Win10-What to do?

Postby tulamide » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:27 pm

tektoog wrote:I have no restore point, except the one WIN10 made after updating today... and I can't even find it back anymore...

Type "restore point" in search and click on "open". You will see a dialog "system settings" with the 4th tab open. The button "system restore" will bring up another dialog where you will see the restore points.

You should increase the space allocated for system restore points, if you only have 1 in your list. That'S really important. I have 4 entries currently and reached 6 GB already (I reserved 10GB).

Here's how to allocate more space:
https://windows.tips.net/T011296_Increasing_the_Number_of_Restore_Points.html

That doesn't solve your current issue. But it will help you with futue issues (and they are to be expected).
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby adamszabo » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:50 pm

Guys I dont think you should post alpha versions in the public forum, thats why we have the slack channel with invite only.
adamszabo

Postby tulamide » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:47 pm

adamszabo wrote:Guys I dont think you should post alpha versions in the public forum, thats why we have the slack channel with invite only.

When I asked months ago to keep alpha completely out of this forum, because of the vast differences, it went well for like a week. I don't understand why, people seem to think it's freeware now. And you are right, downloads should definitely not be on here, at least.
tulamide

Postby tektoog » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:37 am

adamszabo wrote:Guys I dont think you should post alpha versions in the public forum, thats why we have the slack channel with invite only.
Well, it was a kind gesture from Spogg ;) which I appreciated
But I have to agree... It should stay in the Slack vault, until final release... Or at least been done in private member to member...
tulamide wrote:That doesn't solve your current issue. But it will help you with futue issues (and they are to be expected).

Yes I will turn it on from now on... It was off for space gain (small SSD for the OS)... Thanks for the info ;)
juha_tp wrote:Do you have separate admin account?
Have you tried by re-installing the FS?
Yes... and yes.. I've tried many times to reinstall.. doesn't change anything... Thanks for the suggestions ;)

And now that I have updated to that:
MS Update06.png
MS Update06.png (31.31 KiB) Viewed 12499 times

I have a windows.old of 13Gb on c:/ drive (which I will probably delete) and the famous: "Direct Sound could not be sarted...blahblahblah... an app running that is using ASIO"... I've never, and I say never ;) got this issue before with the setup I work with... with laptops and Mobo chipset, yes... but not with my PCI soundcard :? :(
Win10 also updated my Nvidia graphic card drivers and installed a 3d viewer app... and also HDMI audio drivers...
It also updated and reinstalled the Realtek Mobo sound chipset which I don't use , and always disable...
So now, I have this new issue to deal with... would it be the HDMI drivers causing this issue?
MS Update07.png
MS Update07.png (11.91 KiB) Viewed 12499 times
"Essential random order for chaotic repetitive sequences"
tektoog

Postby Spogg » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:46 am

:oops: That's me not thinking! I've moderated myself and deleted the link. Sorry about that guys!
Spogg

Postby tektoog » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:51 pm

Spogg wrote: That's me not thinking! I've moderated myself and deleted the link. Sorry about that guys!

No harm done... only 5648 dwnlds since yesterday.... :D We can't be perfect... all the time! good move you made both ways ;)
The heart is sometimes faster than the brain ;)
Take care ;)
tektoog

Postby tektoog » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:33 pm

Ok... Follow up... and good news... or so... :?
First I've found out why my plugs wouldn't export in 3.06 and how to fix it :D
Second, I've found out why I got this DS error message... and how to fix it :D
And third, I've discovered a new bug I wasn't aware of, as most of my work is based on mono-line step-sequencing :(
But like most people here seem to not give a shit about my/these issues... I'll keep that to myself... and share only with the people interested... and on Slack also, Of course :twisted:
tektoog

Postby adamszabo » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:29 pm

You should definitely share these findings here, to help future issues like this. ;)
adamszabo

Postby tulamide » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:21 pm

tektoog wrote:But like most people here seem to not give a shit about my/these issues...

That's a really bad attitude! Just because they couldn't help you doesn't mean they give a shit. Anyone who doesn't post, simply doesn't have an answer. Why you're assuming that the forum members here know more about this than you is beyond me - nobody works at Microsoft or DSPRobotics.

And not sharing what you found out is certainly a valid decision. But do you really think that will help you next time you have an issue and expect people here to help you?
tulamide

Postby tektoog » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:42 pm

Hehe..; Dudes... I was just joking ;) :D
Just to C if people were still alive out there!
I am just preparing my explanations, which I already partially posted on Slack, you know making vids etc...
I will post as soon as after diner...(copy/paste from Slack)
I am really assuming nothing... I like to help beginners and I like to be helped by confirmed users, like you and many others ;) !
I've created another thread for a bug I've found, dunno if it is been mentioned already... There:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=48674

Take care all! ;)
tektoog

PreviousNext

Return to General