Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

I'm basically rude!

For general discussion related FlowStone

I'm basically rude!

Postby tulamide » Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:00 pm

I decided to make this public, because it should be embarrassing and because others might have experienced it as well from me!

Basically I'm being rude, without the intention of being rude. I just stumbled upon a post by Bob, who wanted to help me, and realised that I didn't even answer!

When I read on the forum, a million things rush through my brain - even during reading a post. And while this happens, often an idea pops up and to not forget about it, I immediately go to try it. With the effect, that I forget about the post I was currently reading!

And then other things happen, and I'm invested in that, which makes me forget about even more things. And so on.

Please accept my apologies. I don't mean to be rude. It's not some passive-aggressive action I'm taking, and I surely don't ignore anyone. I just can't mulitask as much as I used to. But I still behave as if I could. Habits.

My failures are just that, not evil minded.

Sorry!
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Re: I'm basically rude!

Postby adamszabo » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:51 pm

We are all humans not robots, everyone is allowed to make mistakes :D
adamszabo

Postby lalalandsynth » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:55 pm

;)
lalalandsynth

Postby BobF » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:03 pm

Hi Tom,

You are 100% forgiven! Yes it is true we are only human.

The big question is though, did you ever try it, ha, ah?

Take care, BobF.....
BobF

Postby Spogg » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:32 am

I can recommend a simplistic aid, so simplistic it probably borders on offensive that I should even mention it. :lol:

I keep a notepad by my computer and when stuff needs attention it goes on my list. Then I have the great pleasure of crossing things off and a “menu” of things to be done in whatever order suits the moment or the urgency.

I really like this because it completely removes the anxiety that I might forget something. Of course sometimes I’m not near my notepad so stuff does get forgotten.
Spogg

Postby trogluddite » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:42 pm

Honestly, Tula, I completely understand. My brain has always been like a TV that changes channel by itself every few seconds when I don't want it to (or gets stuck on the same channel when I want it to change!), and my multi-tasking is so bad that I sometimes wonder how I can chew food and watch a video at the same time!
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby tulamide » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:20 pm

Thanks guys for giving me a pass. But it is not a good behavior, and I will try to change it.

@Bob
I did! But in all honesty: I probably tried more of your schematics than I ever commented on (See above why). And some of your projects are too far off for my interests, and so I don't download them at all. Plus, I hesitate a bit when it comes to more complex schematics from you, because I once dowloaded one and it was so CPU heavy that it was unusable in a producing environment (I think it was a tap delay, from like 2 or 3 years ago). I'm sure you made lots of progress, but I've become so picky (just ask Spogg about the level of detail I made him go refining Razorblade, must have been a PITA)!
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby Spogg » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:18 am

tulamide wrote:... I've become so picky (just ask Spogg about the level of detail I made him go refining Razorblade, must have been a PITA)!

Quite the opposite tula! I learn a lot from you about what a music creator actually values and also doesn’t appreciate. This means that I can modify my often inadequate assumptions to suit. I have to say that I don’t always implement my lessons but that’s simply because I forget stuff :lol:
Spogg

Postby RJHollins » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:43 am

Now it is understanding that Youse guys post something interesting ...

we download it to check it out ...

and sometimes an hour [or more] has gone buy ... and a new adventure has taken over.

And it gets asked ... Why some don't respond to posts :|

Things happen ... stuff happens ... and ya know what ? It's been taking up most of my Time :shock:

still ... on a return flight ... it sure is nice to hear back ... even just an acknowledge.
RJHollins

Postby Chrisjensen92 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:00 pm

dont be so harsh on yourself, everyone can have a bad day
Chrisjensen92

Next

Return to General