Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Flowstone music

For general discussion related FlowStone

Flowstone music

Postby Spogg » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:21 am

For some reason this Topic got removed/lost/deleted but I found a cached version with Google, so I thought I'd offer it up again...

Hi 'stoners!

I thought it might be fun and interesting to start a topic where folk can upload or link to music they have made using exclusively Flowstone and/or Synthmaker projects. A bit like the KVR One Synth Challenge but without the prizes, voting and esteem :lol:

The idea is to showcase your musical talents and also to show visitors what can be achieved with this wonderful software.

The guidelines I would suggest are

- All sounds to be generated in FS/SM modules so no samples BUT if you want to use drum samples (unlike OSC) they should be freely available so please provide a link so others can get them.
- All audio effects to be made in FS/SM modules
- Vocals allowed (unlike OSC) but all audio processing should be done by FS/SM modules only.
- Any DAW can be used but no DAW audio effects; MIDI effects found in the DAW (e.g.arpeggiators) can be used.
- Mastering should be done exclusively with FS/SM modules
- Any music linked here should have a kit list to detail what modules were used.
- Any self-build modules used will earn more kudos but they should have been uploaded on this forum in FSM/OSM format. The Synthmaker forum is gone forever so pleaser re-upload here.

Of course it's possible to cheat but everyone here seems very ethical. However, it would be nice to see the project file from the DAW with the FSMs used, for learning purposes.

One of my distant goals is to do this myself but I have nothing yet. So, how about inspiring me?

Cheers

Spogg

EDITED 2.9.16: Based on some feedback I got let's make this more open. Post any tracks you made that make use of at least 1 Flowstone plugin. It would be nice to see a full kit list with the Flowstone plugin(s) at the top of the list.
Spogg

Re: Flowstone music

Postby kortezzzz » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:13 pm

Hi Spogg,

Sounds like a fun activity, but can we please simplify things up? Let's say, uploading a musical track that contains at least one own made FS plugin (synth or a effect) as long as it's dominates the full track (as a solist or as dominant musical aspect in the track)? :)
kortezzzz

Postby Spogg » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:45 am

Yes that's fine Mr Kortezzzzzzzzz :lol:

When I first put this up some time ago nobody posted any music [edit: apart from tulamide]so anything made using FS would be nice. Originally I'd wanted a thread to show off what could be achieved just with FS, for any visitors who were checking Flowstone out. However let's make it more open as you suggest. I would personally still like to see a kit list with the FS items at the top of the list. I'll amend the first post.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby tulamide » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:51 pm

Does that mean all my hard work of going through hundreds of plugins to get a stock of Flowstone VSTs that I then used to create an original song, and the song, and all the additional info I posted in this original thread - is gone? :shock: :(
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby Spogg » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:13 pm

tulamide wrote:Does that mean all my hard work of going through hundreds of plugins to get a stock of Flowstone VSTs that I then used to create an original song, and the song, and all the additional info I posted in this original thread - is gone? :shock: :(

Yes, sorry!

But I could award points. 10 per self-made plugin, % of FS plugins used out of total (max 10) and so on. Average mark out of ten for musicality based on votes.
Or not.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:31 pm

This is what I could find via Google. There were 2 pages originally but I can't make Google find page 2. Tulamide's link still works for his music...

by tulamide » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:33 pm
I thought this could be some fun, so I spent the whole day searching on KVR. It turned out that there are quite a few free vst/vsti, however not many of them production-ready.

The worst thing: There's no usable drum machine. The best one would have been Drumroll from the free package of PhonicsAudio over at Flowstone GURU. Unfortunately that plug brings my system to a halt with every change I make, for at least 30 seconds. I can't use it that way.

Also missing are production-ready effects, especially Reverbs. The best one I found was Space360, but it's missing some important features like damping or gating. I found a very good stereo delay though.

Phazer, flanger, chorus, compressor, limiter, equalizer (as its own vst, not part of a synth): No chance! Not for free.

To my surprise I discovered that Rescue, the awesome mid/side frequency re-arranger I'm using in my everday productions, was done with Synthmaker! Excellent work, mate!

At least a reliable limiter and a drum synth would be needed to really produce something that others could listen to as a bare minimum. Sorry

by KG_is_back » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:05 pm
tulamide wrote:There's no usable drum machine.
Yeah, most people use samples these days. Procedural drum machines are rare these days. Also there are very few samplers available. And none with radomization feature (where they randomly cycle through several samples to prevent "machine-gun" effect) and multichannel output support. I'm actually working on that kind of thing right now and it's half finished.
tulamide wrote:Also missing are production-ready effects, especially Reverbs.

Actually there are several freeware reverbs. For example EpicVerb from Variety of Sound. His plugins are all made in Synthmaker/Flowstone. https://varietyofsound.wordpress.com I use his plugins all the time... He even won KVR developer challenge several times.
tulamide wrote:Phazer, flanger, chorus, compressor, limiter, equalizer (as its own vst, not part of a synth): No chance! Not for free.

blue cat audio has some of these for free. They are not made in Flowstone though...

As for the challenge Spogg, at least drum samples should be allowed (but only free ones). (good sounding) Drum sounds are notoriously hard to make procedurally. Banning drum samples quite limits the acoustic options here...

...oh, you mean like build all the synths from scratch yourself and make a music with them? O_o now that's a challenge indeed...
KG_is_back

by tulamide » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:42 pm
Thanks a lot for the tips, KG. I will get them asap.
KG_is_back wrote:...oh, you mean like build all the synths from scratch yourself and make a music with them? O_o now that's a challenge indeed...

Oh, did I misunderstand the challenge? Was it meant as KG is assuming? In that case I probably won't be able to participate, it would take way too much time.

EDIT: Haha, variety of sound is already my provider of choice for everyday productions. I couldn't master without his brilliant BootEQ and Rescue. Seeing that he also has a compressor. limiter and in general pretty much everything, one could need during mixing/mastering, is a no-brainer. I know of the quality and reliability of BootEQ and Rescue, so I will download and use all of his tools!
tulamide

by Spogg » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:07 am
Hey you guys!

I'm very pleased this had some interest and I'd love to see this fly. So I edited the original post to hopefully take on board the very valid comments above. Please re-read and see if it's going to work for you now. The main thing is to do everything with FS/SM modules whether self-made or not.

Cheers

Spogg

Spogg

by KG_is_back » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:02 pm
tulamide wrote:Haha, variety of sound is already my provider of choice for everyday productions. I couldn't master without his brilliant BootEQ and Rescue. Seeing that he also has a compressor. limiter and in general pretty much everything, one could need during mixing/mastering, is a no-brainer. I know of the quality and reliability of BootEQ and Rescue, so I will download and use all of his tools!

Funny, those are actually the two effects I've never felt fund of. I mainly love the Prefix. It's my go-to noise-gate and hpf/lpf for electric guitar, vocals and basically all recorded tracks. Also try the SlickHDR - it's black magic. His compressors are also really nice, especially on busses. They didn't worked so well for me on individual tracks (CPU goes waaay up if you have like 8-12 of them).
Spogg wrote:Please re-read and see if it's going to work for you now.

Seems much more reasonable. Hopefully I will have time to participate... Usual reasons... School and the band. Basically our guitarist thorn of the leash - we have gig like every weekend starting 30.10. basically til the Christmas and completely changed lineup like a week ago, so rehersal twice week, not to mention we are working on new album. There is only so much time for code-bug rage-quits I'm barely able to work on my main projects. The challenge is very tempting though
KG_is_back

by tulamide » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:10 pm
What a boring com when it comes to making music. Afraid of hearing negative critics? I don't mind!

Well, no excuses from me. Here is Like Stones Flowing.mp3 https://db.tt/l8bg6NRR

No samples used.

Synths used:
Acrobatics Mate MAX
unknown NES VST
CFA-Sound SUPER-7
Dario Lupo The CS Drafter
Angular Momentum Kick Lab XL
Angular Momentum Clap Lab
DSK Music SynthDrums

Effects used:
VOS Thrillseeker VBL
VOS Nasty DLA mkII
VOS Baxter EQ
VOS epic Verb
VOS Nasty VCS
rf Destroyer
tulamide

by Spogg » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:03 pm
Hey tulamide! You is da mann!

That's great in so many ways so thanks for sharing that. I especially like the deep extended bass and the whole thing sounds VERY professional.

I take it that all the kit was made in Flowstone? If so this is a real showcase for the app as well as yourself.

I do hope that others are inspired to have a go...

Cheers

Spogg

Spogg

by tulamide » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:08 pm
Hey Spogg,

yes I was very careful at selecting VSTs. All of them (that's why I listed them) claim to be done with either Synthmaker or Flowstone.

Now it's your turn guys. Be brave and post here
tulamide

by noisenerd » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:31 pm
tulamide wrote:Well, no excuses from me. Here is Like Stones Flowing.mp3

Cool stuff tulamide!

If I get the time, I'll try to get something together too.
Spogg

Postby kortezzzz » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:28 pm

Sorry but how or where should we upload our music? soundcloud? something else?
kortezzzz

Postby Spogg » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:32 pm

kortezzzz wrote:Sorry but how or where should we upload our music? soundcloud? something else?

Anywhere!

Just post here on this topic with a URL link to it. I personally like Dropbox but there's loads of options. It's nice if we can just click on a link here and listen directly.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby kortezzzz » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:47 pm

Well, here is the track that represented my very first synth project "Fanan - Oriental keys" which has already been shared on the forum. The track mixes an oriental style called "Yemeni Malfouf" and some musical nuances taken from Greek and turkish genres.

My kit list:

Fanan - for all the solo roles
bass - string studio vs2 by AAS
drums - Addictive drums by XLNaudio
percussion - "Darbuka" by Wizoo
pads - Solina by Arthuria
groove guitar - virtual guitarist by steinberg

https://soundcloud.com/ranroby76/yemenite-fragrance-fanan-team
kortezzzz

Postby tulamide » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:11 pm

Mr Spogg, let me quote you: You is da mann! Thank you for recovering my contribution!
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Next

Return to General