Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

How to make a wavetable synth with wav files?

For general discussion related FlowStone

How to make a wavetable synth with wav files?

Postby SampleScience » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:46 pm

Hi guys!

I've been exploring Flowstone for a while now and I'm having this idea in mind about making a wavetable synthesizer based on short looped wav files. I'd like the wav files to be embedded into the plugin itself and have some kind of wave selector (with a drop down menu or with little left/right arrows).

All the examples I've found are based on the default wavetable part that comes with Flowstone and that loads .txt files as waves. It's cool, but it's not what I'm looking for. Is there a way to achieve that? If so, any hints would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Edit: I found something made with Flowstone that has the feature I'm looking for! It's Orkestra by Dubturbo:

http://www.dubturbo.com/dt4-vsti-orkestra.php

The dev used the sample player and added a dialog box to select the wav files. Any idea how I could ad that dialog? Sorry if the question sound silly, I'm totally lost in all the modules available in Flowstone! :?
SampleScience

Re: How to make a wavetable synth with wav files?

Postby billv » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:54 pm

have a look at this...It might get you going. It uses a "file Loader" made by Pall.
wave.fsm
(1.8 MiB) Downloaded 1092 times
billv

Postby SampleScience » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:57 am

billv wrote:have a look at this...It might get you going. It uses a "file Loader" made by Pall.
wave.fsm

Thanks! It's almost perfect, all I need is a loop function and it would be it! By searching on the forum I've created a Frankenstein project in which the wav file opener and loop function are there. I'm not sure it works though. :lol: Will have to test it out.

Edit: As it turns out, it doesn't work. I tried to replace the Wave Player by a Sample Looper module but for some reason the looped samples doesn't play well even everything is connected as they should. I'll upload an attachement soon...
SampleScience

Postby SampleScience » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:28 pm

Finally got it to work, let me know if anyone need the schematic, I'll upload it here. It took me several hours to figure out how to properly modify the sample looper, but I've been able to make a cool rompler with custom embedded wave forms. I'm happy! :)
SampleScience

Postby Wassaka » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:02 pm

Hi guys, i was trying to do a positioned wavetable synth reading a .wav file(Like Serum or Massive synths). I have a little math problems... I don't know how wavetable pos works but I have done this project below:
Attachments
Wassaka wavetable creation.fsm
(188.78 KiB) Downloaded 1007 times
Wassaka

Postby SampleScience » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:18 am

Wassaka wrote:Hi guys, i was trying to do a positioned wavetable synth reading a .wav file(Like Serum or Massive synths). I have a little math problems... I don't know how wavetable pos works but I have done this project below:

I looked at your project but to be honest I didn't understand anything in it. It's way more complicated than my version of the same concept, but it may be more cpu efficient.
SampleScience

Postby mikovirgoez » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:18 am

I also experienced similar things. This frustrates me :o
mikovirgoez

Postby sksar » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:01 pm

SampleScience wrote:Finally got it to work, let me know if anyone need the schematic, I'll upload it here. It took me several hours to figure out how to properly modify the sample looper, but I've been able to make a cool rompler with custom embedded wave forms. I'm happy! :)

Please do upload it, i need to see it, i was trying the same but could hardly figure out anything..
sksar

Return to General