Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

API/SDK type-stuff

For general discussion related FlowStone

API/SDK type-stuff

Postby brownts » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:07 am

Basically this is why I purchased this software some time ago. A FlowStone developer posted in the iRacing forums about FlowStone's ability to read live data from the sim and give me the ability to create custom gauges. I'm a mechanical engineer and don't have much exposure to programming languages. So I've learned how to use the iRacing component and love the data display tool I've made....here's a link to the tool/website: http://brownts4.wixsite.com/trickdickle

The program is free from the website, but if you'd like a copy of the fsm, I've attached it to the thread here.

Anyways, I'd like to make some improvements to the project and have it interact with the sim to change pit stop variables in the sim. I have no clue how to get FlowStone to interact with the sim! There aren't any tutorials on the subject, so I'm stuck.

I'd like to carry this over into the flight sim realm as well, so I'm really after learning how to get Flowstone communicating with other software and change variables in the software provided in their SDK. I'd like to create easy to use autopilot panels/modern FMS/etc.

Also, is it possible to get FlowStone to interact with my steering wheel (Logitech G27) and manipulate inputs from the device, then output them with something like VJoy? I can view what the G27 is doing using the HID component (interestingly, it looks as if the gear shifter has 2 axis that aren't recognized in the drivers), but don't really know what to do. What I'd like to do for example is holding shift + turn the wheel activates a new axis for changing elevator trim or something like that.

Thanks for any help you guys may have!
Attachments
iRacing.fsm
iracing sim tool
(16.26 KiB) Downloaded 1178 times
brownts

Return to General