Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

DSPR please give a statement

For general discussion related FlowStone

DSPR please give a statement

Postby tulamide » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:29 pm

I don't know how much time I have before my power supply shuts down. But this is so important, that I rather spent the minutes writing this instead of doing some work:

The first DAW that had built-in support for 32-bit plugins has now abandoned the bridge in favour of 64-bit plugins only. It is Cubase, with the newest version 9. Now that the industry leader made this step in will have an impact in the industry and the other DAWs will follow.

No 32-bit support means the death of Flowstone regarding VST plugin creation. That is serious! I therefore beg (yes I beg) DSPR for once not to stay silent, but clearly state the future of Flowstone regarding VST. Will there be a version soon that creates 64-bit plugins? If there are only plans to "somehow" make it 64-bit compatible "sometime", please say so too, because that could be a huge factor for us.

I am under the impression that there isn't really any love for VST anymore and that at the same time the vision of a graphical programming language for all areas of programming wasn't shared by the customers. In my case, I don't built robots, I have better creation software for games and I am no teacher, so I am only interested in audio/DSP/VST.

Please share with us what the near future will bring us regarding this topic!
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Re: DSPR please give a statement

Postby nix » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:52 am

Heya Tulamide,
I have written to Malc, maybe he will shed some light.
Cheers and here's hoping we're still good to go
nix

Postby BobF » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:57 am

Hi all,

What I think we need to do is everyone who is still interested in Flowstone let them know from you. Email, write them, call, what ever it takes. I think they really need to know how many people still use and love Flowstone. It's time to REALLY take an interest, please!

Thanks, BobF.....
BobF

Postby Spogg » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:08 am

For those who want to email malc directly it's

malc@dsprobotics.com

Lack of participation from Malc, Carl and Jorge is really frustrating for all of us.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby brownts » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:21 pm

I'd like to see some sort of involvement as well from the non VST side of things....the tutorials don't really scratch the surface of what this software is capable of! The only way to really learn this program is to study what other members have generously posted in the forum.
brownts

Postby Nubeat7 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:51 pm

Spogg wrote:Lack of participation from Malc, Carl and Jorge is really frustrating for all of us.
Spogg

true! they wanted to change this, but...

anyways, once a year they could give a little statement about the future!
Nubeat7

Postby nix » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:52 pm

I'm pretty sure Jorge moved on to other things years ago,
Myco, Maik Menz is now working at it too though.
It may be after the busy Christmas period we could receive clarification.
nix

Postby Spogg » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:45 pm

Jorge is still being shown as active as per companies house:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... 2/officers

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby aronb » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:58 pm

My 2 cents worth, just in case DSPR reads this...

Graphical Programming will be the future for many developers. It offers power and speed with ease of development for probably 90% of what is needed in todays programming - that's why many programs have started to make some GP areas in there programming (Blender comes to mind for lighting as well as Houdini for high end motion picture effects use). The ability of low level to mid level programming (C++, DSP Assembly / DSP, and Ruby - WITH Gems) offers even more power, AND with capabilities beyond Audio and or Robotics - I for one would like to see both since I do both :geek:

I use FlowStone for everything from creating simple yet elegant Graphical User Interfaces for control, data acquisition, as well as to create art, engineering demonstrations, and lighting effects for the Laser Light Show industry (awful website but see: http://www.laserlumia.com)

I can't think of a quicker way to produce a fast, finished compiled product with a GUI too!!! If there is another what is it?

I truly believe this is one of the greatest pieces of software ever built (I'm 56 years old and have used almost all of them too). FlowStone is great just because of its versatility, ease of use, speed, and there is so much more it can become - it is like Processing or Max MSP for example but sleeker and with a beauty all its own. The user base is smart and helpful as well...

This software is capable of SO MUCH MORE TOO!

If the problem is money, lets get that solved...

If the problem is boredom, lets get that solved...

If the problem is knowhow, we can solve that as well...

AGAIN - These are all solvable problems :!:

We the community are willing to help, at least I am - and I think almost everyone else is too.

Thank You for your time,

Aron :)
aronb

Postby NothanUmber » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:55 am

Bought an upgrade from Synthmaker to Flowstone yesterday, with 12 months of upgrades.

I like to think positive :)
NothanUmber

Next

Return to General