Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

DSPR please give a statement

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: DSPR please give a statement

Postby Spogg » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:44 am

anjey_olaf wrote:
Spogg wrote:Before Christmas Malc told me he was going away for New Year then after that he would get onto it.
We shall see...

You want to say that Malс is leaving the team? Development stops? Please explain at least some information on the development? :)

I think you didn't understand! Malc said he would be working on stuff again.
Spogg

Postby anjey_olaf » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:05 pm

Spogg wrote:
anjey_olaf wrote:
Spogg wrote:Before Christmas Malc told me he was going away for New Year then after that he would get onto it.
We shall see...

You want to say that Malс is leaving the team? Development stops? Please explain at least some information on the development? :)

I think you didn't understand! Malc said he would be working on stuff again.

I understand you not correctly. sorry ;)
anjey_olaf

Postby Nubeat7 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:49 pm

:!: :?:
Attachments
waiting.jpg
waiting.jpg (37.28 KiB) Viewed 22850 times
Nubeat7

Postby Spogg » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:58 am

Today, 20.2.17, I had an email from Malc, apologising for the delay having been extremely busy lately, and saying he will be talking with Myco next week about the 3.9 release.

He said that 64 bit would be "very much on the agenda" over the next few weeks so I hope we’ll get an announcement in due course.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby psionprime » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:31 am

I came to FS in 2015 looking for a more affordable Lab View. It can be, but I lost my interest when I needed to move to a more stable computing environment aka Linux. I have worked programming custom automation in modern industry for well over 20 years. Windows is an unreliable toy system barely suitable for gaming. Any experienced controls person knows the thing breaks easier than an egg.

I have come back, three years later, to check on FS development. FS's premise, as I understand it, is great with a lot of attention to running on a RT OS but DSP seems to have hitched themselves to a company, M$, that seems all about shoving consumer level systems when they need to have FS running on pro workstations or embedded hardware. I don't count Windows Embedded as pro. That ship went wherever WinCE sailed to.

Apple, QNX, L4 based microkernels, any and all that either have considerable expertise in either engineers FS seems aimed at or the systems aimed at getting applications as close to the metal as possible while still retaining its premise.

DSP, you have people in this thread who have offered to help upgrade FS, if you aren't doing it, let them.
psionprime

Postby fixstuff555 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:16 pm

I completely agree with you.

However, you are basically in an empty room, speaking to yourself. The only people that are hearing you are the same ones in the room.

No one at DSPR is listening though. They have moved on to bigger and better things. This product is as dead as Wordperfect and Netscape. I hope I'm proven wrong.
fixstuff555

Postby adamszabo » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:27 am

Its not dead can you please stop spreading fake news. The FlowStone 64 bit is being worked on right now.
adamszabo

Postby anjey_olaf » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:18 pm

adamszabo wrote:Its not dead can you please stop spreading fake news. The FlowStone 64 bit is being worked on right now.

+1
anjey_olaf

Postby gvalletto » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:09 pm

Hi all,
I just discovered this topic. Malc told me in January 2018 that he is still working at Flowstone.
gvalletto

Postby NothanUmber » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:01 pm

NothanUmber wrote:Bought an upgrade from Synthmaker to Flowstone yesterday, with 12 months of upgrades.

I like to think positive :)

To: Montag, 11. Juni 2018, 23:51:30
Result: 539 days, 10 hours, 56 minutes and 30 seconds

Positive thinking capacity critical, please recharge with new release.

Looking forward to a 64 bit version! (Mac support (at least for the exported plugins) would probably be asking for too much :oops: )
NothanUmber

Previous

Return to General