Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Polyphonic question

For general discussion related FlowStone

Polyphonic question

Postby HughBanton » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:33 pm

I've just returned after a 9 year absense! Started playing with SynthMaker back ~2008, but life & work got in the way back then and I drifted away.
More recently I've got into programming Arduino etc., mainly to enable me to build my own MIDI keyboard encoders and suchlike, and now that I pretend to be 'retired' and have a little more relevant knowledge I have just started to look at FS again.
Believe it or not, I'm still inspired by the same project that I was looking at in 2008. I still have the master plan(!), which mostly involves playing lots of single cycle progammable waveforms. Many of the algorithms that I'll need I have already proved in C within Arduino/Teensy, so onward.
Anyway ... rather than going into any of the details at this stage, can someone help me with a very fundamental question (and since I barely know what I'm doing yet I dare say there's an embarrassing explanation .. ;-) - which is:
Why does this schematic not play polyphonically?
And for that matter what determines whether a design is polyphonic or monophonic, or sets its polyphony limit?
Grateful if someone can set me on the right lines.
Attachments
Wave_Counter_experiment_3.fsm
(40.88 KiB) Downloaded 857 times
HughBanton

Re: Polyphonic question

Postby martinvicanek » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:06 pm

Hi Hugh,
the MIDI to Poly module has a property where you set the number of voices. ;)
Looking forward to seeing your project evolve!
Oh, If you post a schematic created with a FS beta please advise so we who use one of the stable versions don't get a storm of error messages upon loading. Just saying, no offense. :)
martinvicanek

Re: Polyphonic question

Postby HughBanton » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:22 pm

Oh cheers, Martin. Never looked - I guessed it would be simple!
So I've downloaded an unstable FS beta .. sorry about that - there's two things I've learnt today!
HughBanton

Return to General