Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Directsound OUT supports multichannel?

For general discussion related FlowStone

Directsound OUT supports multichannel?

Postby chjan » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:20 pm

I need at least 4 channels out using direct sound. This is for Mac, running Parallels virtual Windows, which works excellent with Flowstone, however unfortunately not always with ASIO, at least not the driver I am trying now, from RME.

But asio4all works on that Windows version.

If I can use multichannel Directsound out, then I can run the RME drivers in the normal Mac context, and then the Virtual Windows will see the audio outs of the Mac, through Directsound. Directsound 2x channel works this way.
chjan

Re: Directsound OUT supports multichannel?

Postby adamszabo » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:49 pm

Multi out depends on your soundcard and not Flowstone. Flowstone can only activate the number of out channels that your soundcard supports, it cannot magically create more.
adamszabo

Re: Directsound OUT supports multichannel?

Postby tulamide » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:03 pm

Maybe I misunderstood, but this is about routing within the virtual Windows, right? Parallels emulates a sound device in the VM, but unfortunately they don't say which specifications they emulate. So, if your virtual device in the VM only offers 2 channels, you have to live with that. Or ask Parallels, if they have any other sound device option.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Return to General