Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Ruby Dropshadow Tool

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Ruby Dropshadow Tool

Postby adamszabo » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:04 am

Ah cool, the path gradient is also a clever solution!
adamszabo

Postby tulamide » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:56 am

adamszabo wrote:Ah cool, the path gradient is also a clever solution!

Yes, because (besides being faster and using less CPU) you can give the shadow any shape you like. I was just adding a rectangle, but it can take any complex shape you can imagine. That's what I wanted to show at first, but then it already took hours to set this schematic up and I didn't want to spend too much time on it.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby HughBanton » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:37 pm

Aha, I see you've used 'top:' and ':top', 'focus:' and ':focus' etc., which after googling I gather are Symbols. Your code here looks immensely elegant but atm I'm afraid I wouldn't have much idea how to use them elsewhere :oops: .

Even my second-hand 600-page Ruby book (which no, I haven't read, but I do consult from time to time ..) only devotes three pages to Symbols, and begins the section by saying they tend to confuse most new users! Which doesn't exactly inspire ...

Any chance of a quick Symbolic descriptive tour?

H
HughBanton

Postby tulamide » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:14 am

HughBanton wrote:Aha, I see you've used 'top:' and ':top', 'focus:' and ':focus' etc., which after googling I gather are Symbols. Your code here looks immensely elegant but atm I'm afraid I wouldn't have much idea how to use them elsewhere :oops: .

Even my second-hand 600-page Ruby book (which no, I haven't read, but I do consult from time to time ..) only devotes three pages to Symbols, and begins the section by saying they tend to confuse most new users! Which doesn't exactly inspire ...

Any chance of a quick Symbolic descriptive tour?

H

Well, quick not so much (if I start once, I always find more to explain :lol: ), but hopefully helpful! See here: http://www.dsprobotics.com/support/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75722
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Previous

Return to General