Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Automatic continuous knob rotation problem !

For general discussion related FlowStone

Automatic continuous knob rotation problem !

Postby digital coconut » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:59 pm

:?:
Honorable members of the forum.
I have a question about a knob with continuous automatic rotation that I downloaded here on the forum a while ago.
The problem is that the rotation of the scheme is not 100% continuous! The knob gives a "jump" in its trajectory and I was not able to solve this, could anyone take the "jump" out of the rotation of this scheme?
Thank you very much in advance. :geek:
Attachments
schematic continuous knob rotation.fsm
(53.33 KiB) Downloaded 715 times
digital coconut

Re: Automatic continuous knob rotation problem !

Postby martinvicanek » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:38 pm

This particular knob uses a sequence of bitmaps (arranged in a vertical strip of successive 32x32 pixel images) with the marker covering only a certain angular range. The bitmap strip resides in the "Strip Loader module if you dive inside. You would need a bitmap strip covering the full angular range to achieve what you want. Alternatively, you could use a vector knob generated entirely with Ruby's drawing capabilities. Or something in between: a static bitmap knob with a variable, Ruby drawn marker.

Oh, and please don't post schematics in this forum compiled with the alpha version of Flowstone (or at the very least advise). Here we use 3.06 (or 3.081) which choke on schematics from FS alpha. It is quite annoying for those who want to help you. ;)
martinvicanek

Re: Automatic continuous knob rotation problem !

Postby digital coconut » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:45 pm

Dear friend Martin, thank you for the answer.
I will not post schematics anymore with my Alpha version...its ok.
:geek:
digital coconut

Return to General