Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

String Array - Check for Duplicates and Send Trigger if True

For general discussion related FlowStone

String Array - Check for Duplicates and Send Trigger if True

Postby tiffy » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:15 pm

String Array - Check for Duplicates and Send Trigger if True:

Checks for Duplicates in a String Array and if True will send a Trigger to its Output.

I am not certain if the Ruby Code I concocted inside the module is absolutely correct (although it is working as expected).

Therefore I would appreciate it if someone with proper knowledge of Ruby programming would be so kind to check the Ruby code and give me feedback if I am on the right track with the Ruby code.

This was constructed with Flowstone v3.0.8.1 Skylark.

String Array - Check for Duplicates and Send Trigger if True v2 - I made a small alteration to the schematic as this gives better results - Although, at the moment I cannot explain why this gives better results. About the Ruby section of the schematic, I am still not sure if I did it correctly.

For Version 2 I used Flowstone v3.0.6 Pebble.

thank you.
Attachments
String Array - Check for Duplicates and Send Trigger if True v2.fsm
Alteration incorporated in this v2
(2.31 KiB) Downloaded 700 times
String Array - Check for Duplicates and Send Trigger if True.fsm
obsolete
(2.29 KiB) Downloaded 695 times
Last edited by tiffy on Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tiffy

Re: String Array - Check for Duplicates and Send Trigger if

Postby tulamide » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:26 pm

You're in the general forum. This belongs to "user examples".

And don't use 3.0.8.1, it is a bugged and slow version (for example, Ruby only runs at half speed)
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby tiffy » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:19 pm

"You're in the general forum. This belongs to "user examples"."

"And don't use 3.0.8.1, it is a bugged and slow version (for example, Ruby only runs at half speed)"

Sure, but it was also not my intention to post the schematic under "user examples". How can I post the schematic under "user examples" to serve as an "example to others" if I am not even certain if the Ruby Code in the schematic is not faulty? - a matter of opinion.

The schematic was therefore only provided to serve my question, not as an example to others.

I will remember if I ever post a schematic again to use v3.0.6 . . .

thank you.
tiffy

Postby RJHollins » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:59 pm

tiffy wrote:"You're in the general forum. This belongs to "user examples"."

"And don't use 3.0.8.1, it is a bugged and slow version (for example, Ruby only runs at half speed)"

Sure, but it was also not my intention to post the schematic under "user examples". How can I post the schematic under "user examples" to serve as an "example to others" if I am not even certain if the Ruby Code in the schematic is not faulty? - a matter of opinion.

The schematic was therefore only provided to serve my question, not as an example to others.

I will remember if I ever post a schematic again to use v3.0.6 . . .

thank you.

I think it would be fine to post in the 'User Example' section ... whether working or not, shouldn't be the determinant factor.

You've posted plenty examples .... and they might get 'touch-ups' or reworks. [or not].

It's a small Community here ... ya know we don't generally 'judge' ... but appreciate the efforts, and possibly learn new things.

Hope you are well ... good to see you post !
RJHollins

Return to General