Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

hi everyone need some help (Rompler) Samples

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: hi everyone need some help (Rompler) Samples

Postby Duckett » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:41 pm

Indeed, unless one is trying to incorporate audio editor features in a plugin, I don't understand why the samples would not be properly processed before being made into an instrument; I wouldn't expect a rompler to necessarily correct things like pitch or volume for wonky samples on the fly- I'd expect the samples to have been processed beforehand... but maybe that's just me.
We have to train ourselves so that we can improvise on anything... a bird, a sock, a fuming beaker! This, too, can be music. Anything can be music. -Biff Debris
Duckett

Postby Spogg » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:40 am

I agree with the optimum idea of pre-processing samples, but it’s relevant to know that Johan likes to give the user the opportunity to load their own samples, so you could say that some of his Romplers can actually be user sample players. In that situation he has no control over what the user would try to load.

In my case I had the wrong idea that the norm prim was intended for small arrays denoting single cycles, so I was pleasantly surprised that it works on wav clips, and very fast too.
Spogg

Postby Duckett » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:24 pm

Thanks for re-clarifying, Spogg- that's brave of him- IMO, trying to idiot-proof that concept is a bit daunting, as various sampler/romplers I've used over the years are various levels of fussy about bit depth, sample rate, blah blah blah; I can't help but think "if it were that easy, it most likely would have been done by now".
We have to train ourselves so that we can improvise on anything... a bird, a sock, a fuming beaker! This, too, can be music. Anything can be music. -Biff Debris
Duckett

Previous

Return to General