Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Offline/faster then realtime render question.

For general discussion related FlowStone

Offline/faster then realtime render question.

Postby lalalandsynth » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:31 am

Are there any isssues one should be aware of when doing faster then realtime rendering - in Reaper for example?
What I am thinking is if using a lot of greens has an effect when doing such a render?

I am having some problems with getting a proper render when I close the gui , the render is faster with the gui closed so my problems are exposed when rendering full speed.

I am using the advanced envelope and it seems that when I have the gui open, running the graphics slow down the render somewhat and the I get the proper render.

I am also using a bunch of greens to quantise an lfo to certain output values, this lfo then shifts the output from the advanced envelope array in time. When I turn off the lfo and thereby stop shifting the array, the render is perfect.

Wondering where to start looking , I guess if there are issues with greens in faster then realtime I would love to know.

Thanks for your time :)
lalalandsynth

Re: Offline/faster then realtime render question.

Postby Spogg » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:46 am

It's just possible this is related to the memory leak issue so try MyCo's new solution first, which does work fine in respect of the leak, for me anyway:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8275&start=40#p33690

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby lalalandsynth » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:41 am

That is exciting ! hope its a fix
lalalandsynth

Postby TheOm » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:59 am

lalalandsynth wrote:I am also using a bunch of greens to quantise an lfo to certain output values, this lfo then shifts the output from the advanced envelope array in time. When I turn off the lfo and thereby stop shifting the array, the render is perfect.

There is no reason to actually shift the array, you should instead just modify the index into the array.
Do everything in stream don't go stream -> green -> stream. I don't think that's a good idea in general.
TheOm

Postby lalalandsynth » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:28 pm

TheOm wrote:There is no reason to actually shift the array, you should instead just modify the index into the array.
I will have to experiment with that , I would then need the quantised lfo to modify the index , at this point I dont have the skills to do that . I have no problems at the moment when running the plug , only at render .

I know that using greens is not optimal but is it reasonable to expect different results from greens when rendering ?

I am also having problems doing everything in stream ,for example I could not think of a way to quantise the LFO output using streams , any tips on how to do math on streams ?
lalalandsynth

Postby lalalandsynth » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:53 pm

If I modify the index , wouldnt that start later in the array rather then shifting it ?
lalalandsynth

Return to General