Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Problem with multiple instances of plugin

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Problem with multiple instances of plugin

Postby aefa » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:34 pm

I wouldn't know what to tell you! I had a rough time setting reaper for that was my first time trying it.
Regardless, my plugin doesn't put out sound. It's just a midi that randomizes patterns on other vsts. Kontakt and BFD in this case
aefa

Postby RJHollins » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:10 am

From my Reaper experience [with FS created MIDI controller], the MASTER BUS of Reaper seems to have a unique property.

In short ... there MUST be at least one [1] multi-track [blank] before anything [fs] works. This was especially true with RUBY in the FS project.

On the old SM forum [and probably carried over to the FS forum], you may find my 'trials and tribulations' that I encounter.

All I've been able to gather [might be] that a single multi-track must be made [it can be blank], that will now tell the MASTER BUS things like the SampleRate of the project, along with other things that seem to activate the Master Bus effects section. I tried to get clarification from Reaper Dev's to no avail.

It's possible you might be having this exact problem ... I don't know. For me, it also affected 'Buttons', Knobs, Pull Down Menus, with RUBY.

Hope this gleans some insight/help.
RJHollins

Postby Spogg » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:58 am

You may already know this but Reaper needs to be in Record-enabled mode, and also for the plugin to fully work when not actually recording you need to do this:

In Reaper go to Options|Preferences|Audio|Playback and tick the box for Run Fx when stopped.

Maybe this will help?

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby tulamide » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:15 am

This might also be an old issue, that we should be aware of by now. Ruby shares only one runtime among all instances of the same plugin. So, if the Ruby code uses class variables (e.g. @@myvariable) or globals/constants, then all instances may change the same variable/global, which will lead to strange effects.

But I don't remember any Ruby module of the last 2+ years that still makes use of class variables or globals.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby aefa » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:16 am

I suppose it was the problem with the Ruby variables and runtime sharing. The code was pretty straight forward (to me) but still, the plugin would only word properly when it was on the foreground. I managed to replace the whole code with prims and it worked like a charm. Thanks to Spogg, who pointed me to an error on the code.
aefa

Previous

Return to General