Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Personal introduction + question on DSP Commands

For general discussion related FlowStone

Personal introduction + question on DSP Commands

Postby Phil Thalasso » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:54 pm

Hello forum.

Please allow me to introduce myself.
I go by the name of Phil Thalasso, am 50 years old and live in Germany. Flowstone was my birthday-treat this year.
I understand that Flowstone is a wonderful application which allows you to do many things. I am afraid, however, that only music related stuff is of much interest to me.
That said, it was Mr. Brown who got me into Flowstone. I am a heavy user of his many great VSTis. One day I hope that I will be able to contribute at least a little something to this forum.
It will be a long road to go. The last time I did any programming was in the 1980s with Turbo Pascal while I was still in high-school. I plan to get re-involved. Now it probably is not the nicest idea to come to this fine place starting to ask questions, but I'm really stuck on one issue. I browsed the forums and looked at many of the fine contributions here
to find out that I do not comprehend the user guide. My question concerns the supported commands in DSP code which is covered in the guide on pp. 236.
On page 240 one can read the following statement:

Expressions can use a combination of mathematical operations and built in functions. The following represents a c o m p l e t e summary of the operators and functions that are currently supported.

So far, so good. I did come across other commands, however, which seem not to be documented in the user guide, e.g. the following statement: epx = pow(e, x); which seems to execute just well.
Would you please be so kind to help me out with an answer to the following question: Is there any place where I can find the full list of commands supported in the DSP code window?

Thank you so much for reading this and also thank you for any answers or clues.
Kindly wishing you all a good day.
Best Regards
Phil
Phil Thalasso

Re: Personal introduction + question on DSP Commands

Postby Spogg » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:09 am

Hello and welcome Phil!

The User Guide is indeed somewhat limited, as I found out when I began about 3 years ago. But there are people here who are happy to help out.

I had the exact same issue with DSP so I raised this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3454

This link is mentioned in the topic and there's some good stuff on the old Guru site:

http://flowstone.guru/downloads/stream-math-functions/

I am sure you'll have a great time with Flowstone; I love it to the point of obsessive addiction :lol:

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Return to General