Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Newbie question. Mixing Poly and Mono in schematics?

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Newbie question. Mixing Poly and Mono in schematics?

Postby R&R » Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:06 pm

:lol: I'm not knowledgeable enough to move from simple ideas to anything useful. Atleast not yet.
Pretty much goes for all of my rough sketch-prototypes (mostly to test if it's of interest).

I suspect a billion Flowstoners already have finalized good/real wavefolders that work. Anyways...
Seems like a cheap way of getting some motion to a sound if it can be made non aliasing and maybe a variation that folds saw and square better.

Just thinking out loud. Maybe sparks ideas to other newbies better than me at FS and that has a slow day 8-)
Attachments
Simple_Wavefold_test.fsm
(34.16 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
R&R

Postby Spogg » Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:19 am

Modulating waveform shapes is always fun!
Aliasing is pretty much to be expected though, but I take the view that in a mix it’s not so important. Also you can add a tracking HPF to reduce the aliasing component which is at a lower frequency than the fundamental. I learned that from Adam.

However, I would be hard pressed to call your schematic an actual wave folder based on my understanding of the term. But that may be just semantics.

Some time ago I made this wave folding synth which may be of interest:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5513&p=57788&hilit=quilcom+folder#p26826
Spogg

Postby R&R » Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:06 pm

Spogg wrote:Modulating waveform shapes is always fun!
Aliasing is pretty much to be expected though, but I take the view that in a mix it’s not so important. Also you can add a tracking HPF to reduce the aliasing component which is at a lower frequency than the fundamental. I learned that from Adam.

However, I would be hard pressed to call your schematic an actual wave folder based on my understanding of the term. But that may be just semantics.

Some time ago I made this wave folding synth which may be of interest:

Cool i'll check it out! your plugins usually sound great... so always good sound references.

I would be hard pressed to call your schematic an actual wav...

It's almost not... The crappiest cardboard prototype wavefolder ever folding by proxy? :lol:
Actually the wave folds by subtraction just as it should but only in reverse (as long as input value is 1 to 0.5). But I didn't bother I just let it fold in on itself

http://research.spa.aalto.fi/publications/papers/smc17-wavefolder/
R&R

Postby R&R » Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:50 pm

I'm not that into sound and musicmaking in that sense. So i'm not up to speed with things... But, always made sure to own some hardware synths at all times. Because... needs! :lol:

Hmmm... Was really suprised when I learned Viper was a FS plugin. That is one hell of a FS plugin Adam built...

Is Adam as versed in the heavy stuff as MV... or even Maik?

Me, I'm way to dumb for any complex stuff, but happy anyway :P

There alot of knowledgeable talented ppl here... seeing all post and plugins from yourself (Spogg), BobF, tulamide, trogg, Adam... etc. some atleast posting and being active in the past.

Would be fun to see and hear if anyone here is now on C++ ...or obj C on the mac and what they create in terms of VST(i) beyond the realm of FS. Other plugin formats etc.

I'm also very curious what Tepeix is up to ;) seems he's into alot of processing stuff...
Tepeix, what are you building? 8-)
R&R

Postby Duckett » Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:23 am

What's he building in there? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04qPdGNA_KM
We have to train ourselves so that we can improvise on anything... a bird, a sock, a fuming beaker! This, too, can be music. Anything can be music. -Biff Debris
Duckett

Postby Spogg » Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:28 am

R&R wrote:... Is Adam as versed in the heavy stuff as MV... or even Maik? ...

I haven’t done a comparative study but I can say with confidence that Adam is VERY clever!
Spogg

Postby R&R » Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:15 am

Duckett wrote:What's he building in there? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04qPdGNA_KM

:D

Spogg wrote:I haven’t done a comparative study...

?

Gauge.jpg
Gauge.jpg (63.12 KiB) Viewed 4733 times

:P :P :P
R&R

Postby R&R » Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:50 pm

Spogg wrote:Some time ago I made this wave folding synth which may be of interest:

Got around to trying this one out...

Yeah, now that's proper folding 8-) ...and a proper plugin.
Damnit Spogg!
Ignoring the sheer amount. Does every plugin you make need to be so annoyingly good... :roll:

Hmmm...
Wonder if the saw can be folded cleanly somehow when post processing?
Sacrifice the edge of the saw then I guess...
R&R

Postby Tepeix » Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:42 pm

héhé i don't know myself, lot of fx, my true mission is to build a device that could go in time before the big bang, Spogg need this to save the world ;)
But i disperse to much each time i find a new technologies..
Now i find those Wave digital filter.. incomprehensible, i'm not sure that even ChatGpt understand really what it is...
Even when people try to explain it clearly it's very not easy..
Tepeix

Postby R&R » Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:38 pm

Tepeix wrote:But i disperse to much each time i find a new technologies..
Now i find those Wave digital filter.. incomprehensible, i'm not sure that even ChatGpt understand really what it is...
Even when people try to explain it clearly it's very not easy..

Any particular type of FX you are aiming for? Dynamics?

That stuff is beyond me... personally I should probably have tried to learn some sound basics. But seem to have ended up redoing my plugin schematics several times (for obvious reasons) with the spare time instead :roll: I'll have to learn some needed basics further on.

I haven't tried Bings yet...
But in regards to ChatGPT it only seems to return meaningful answers If the questions are precise and very detailed... which can only be phrased if one already kind of know the answers :lol:
In that sense it feels more like textbased ML that gathers an amalgamation rather than an AI responding to an understood question.
R&R

PreviousNext

Return to General