Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Newbie question. Mixing Poly and Mono in schematics?

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Newbie question. Mixing Poly and Mono in schematics?

Postby Spogg » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:30 am

R&R wrote:...
Spogg can you recommend a good slider?
I need to add like 200+ sliders to my plugin? ;) Personally I hate sliders :lol: but atleast they won't look like regular sliders in the end...

Here's my slider collection.
Attachments
Slider collection.fsm
(439.82 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
Spogg

Postby R&R » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:00 am

Spogg wrote:Here's my slider collection.

Thanks Rex!
Going to start working on throwing in some sliders soon...

:(
So close... so close... ( :? or perhaps not lol)
But think I'll have to give up the idea of a poly 2 mono modulation of LFO this time around as well. The plugin becomes unstable, and only stock oscillators work. ASM and DSP breaks completely :D

Too bad something doesn't fly correctly as soon as I introduce any poly2mono into the oscillators. In this case I used poly2mono min and max... to sum the most negative and most positive modulation value from the polystream.
Was very cool to test poly 2 mono modulation when it works though, even sporadically.
R&R

Postby R&R » Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:07 pm

Splendid... That vector slider did the job...

Wasn't planning on having these two parameters at all from the start :roll: But felt I had to squeeze them in on each routing due to some changes.

This is as much slider as my stomach can handle I think :)

VectorSlider.jpg
VectorSlider.jpg (66.9 KiB) Viewed 3994 times
R&R

Postby R&R » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:05 am

v0.4 done :roll:

:lol:
Didn't think I was going to be fighting "schematic size" as well.
Of course when there's 1000+ knobs and 2400+ preset prims, and surrounding logic. Size suddenly becomes a factor.

Does anyone know if someone has experimentet with "single knob --> multiple preset module" switching in the past?

And I can't be the only one encountering schematic size problem all this time :D Does anyone have an example of a really large schematic? .fsm file size?
R&R

Postby Spogg » Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:39 pm

Could you give a bit more info please?

What is the exact issue you’re getting with the large schematic?

I don’t understand Single knob --> multiple preset modules. If you have a knob that gives out 0-1 you can uses as many rational mappers on the output as you need. I often do this in my SIMs so I can use one knob to control different parameters over different ranges, all run from the knob’s 0-1 output. That turns the knob into a macro controller. Is that what you mean?
Spogg

Postby R&R » Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:46 pm

Spogg wrote:Could you give a bit more info please?

What is the exact issue you’re getting with the large schematic?

http://www.dsprobotics.com/support/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=93611&start=140#p273306

When I expanded my synth schematic alot and also threw in large bitmaps for knobs... I think my .fsm at that time was at 8mb... I don't know the exact size at which it failed. But I started noticing slow performance working with the schematic and also unstable behavoiur and unwillingness to connect prims even that were connected when copied and then pasted in (iow they lost their interconnections). Eventually the file couldn't be saved and Out of memory occured.

But...
I have since then reduced my schematic by a third so right now it's a non issue.
But as I wan't to squeeze in more LFO's and osc-modules later on... who knows :)

Zero limitations to how much I might squeeeeeze into this synth :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm just waitng for the "Spogg" Osc Module ;)

Spogg wrote:I don’t understand Single knob --> multiple preset modules.

Sorry... me and my formulations :oops:

I haven't started experimenting with it myself yet. Maybe it's super simple :roll:
Basically I just mean a multiplexor after the interaction-part (and value marker) of a knob. So... iow the same knob-logic is switched between several preset modules... but the value of the preset is retained and set after switching rather than the value of the knob setting the preset-module.

I would be able to remove several hundred knob-logic schematics in this way if so... And just keep the relevant preset-modules.
Last edited by R&R on Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R&R

Postby R&R » Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:55 pm

In regards to the size-problem. If I encounter this again further on I'll try FS3.06 as fallback. But I suspect it is a logical limit that has been hit.

FS4 has no problem I can even make multiple copies of my entire synth I think :lol:
R&R

Postby Spogg » Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:09 pm

Oh I see!

You want to have a multiplexor so the same knob can be used for several different parameters. And so presumably you’d have a dropdown menu to select the parameter which the knob controls? I think that should be possible.
Spogg

Postby R&R » Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:34 pm

Spogg wrote:Oh I see!

You want to have a multiplexor so the same knob can be used for several different parameters. And so presumably you’d have a dropdown menu to select the parameter which the knob controls? I think that should be possible.

Precisely!

Most of my modulation depth/amount knobs are candidates for this. They stay in the exact same place and are never visible more than one at a time. Any automation from the DAW host occurs to and by the preset modules so no need for hundred and hundreds of knobs interaction schematics I guess...

I'm going to experiment with this myself. But who wants to reinvent the wheel If it has been done :P

I remember spending quite some time creating my overengineered switching logic for connecting and disconneting my modulations to block current state (preset) from overwriting new state (preset) loaded after preset change.
The issue seems to usually involve preset-changes :)
R&R

Postby tulamide » Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:49 pm

Something like this? I might have misunderstood. That's normal, when I don't read a super precise text that covers all eventualities :lol:
Attachments
OneKnobToRuleThemAll.fsm
(16.04 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

PreviousNext

Return to General