Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Newbie. What I ended up with...

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Newbie. What I ended up with...

Postby R&R » Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:30 am

Hmm. I might create a little link page as well...

Spogg, do you have a page specific to your Quilcom creations... other than flowstoners.com?
Or should I link your youtube perhaps?
R&R

Postby Spogg » Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:53 am

Just got down to trying this and I’m really impressed, especially based on what you’ve said about yourself as a newbie.

As tulamide said, the graphics are brilliant and I just love the way the filter frequency knob blinks when you click it. The overall design is remarkably creative and very well executed.

I can understand Martin’s enthusiasm for wanting to help reduce the CPU and I feel it too (although I’m sure Martin would do a better job than me!)

I didn’t get any odd behaviour in Reaper, but I found it a bit unnerving when you change a preset and play before it’s fully loaded. That should be solvable too.

VERY well done sir (or madam)!

R&R wrote:Spogg, do you have a page specific to your Quilcom creations... other than flowstoners.com?
Or should I link your youtube perhaps?

I only have the flowstoners website but there’s a tab for the Quilcom stuff.
Spogg

Postby R&R » Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:52 pm

Thanks Spogg I appreciate it!

I didn’t get any odd behaviour in Reaper, but I found it a bit unnerving when you change a preset and play before it’s fully loaded. That should be solvable too.

You are correct!
I have a delayed switching on the oscillator section which mutes and unmutes during change. Didn't turn out that well together with the preset manager :lol: I guess because code execution is based on the flow of the schematic... rather than a deliberate code event.
When changing osc module half the synth is "switched" (aawgh those selectors, gotta love'em :lol: ) kind of... and seems FS isn't always fond of that :D
I'm going to try and make sure audio is cleared and no new midi events pass before and during change.

This is a pretty serious issue so... I might look into it in a week or two.
R&R

Postby R&R » Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:18 pm

8-)
Became curious what stuff of MV's is actually in this bloody thing :lol: before I leave it alone for a few weeks...

--> Yep. Surely! I got anxious when CPU went through the roof... and went with the ASM:ed moog of MV's in there... plus the asm:ed chebychev... that is MV's too I believe. One of my main filters seems of unknown origin. Old synthmaker relic? I guess...

--> Found that I switched alot of toolbox sines to MV's "Polynomial Osc" to see If I could lower CPU cost. As I suspected.
If they made any difference I don't know. Hope so... 8-)

--> Second most importat thing after MV's scope was his naive DSP saw oscillator snippet he included with an ASM I believe... I threw his ASM away ;) LOL
And modifed the DSP to act as a ramp for gates and stuff. - Maybe simple mastery for you MV... but saved me "alot" of trouble :)

And...

--> Also seem to have left 2 white-noise oscillators of MV's in there...
I was appearantly undecided. I've left cryptic notes to myself :lol: I can't even understand my own babbel...

Skipped most of the more advanced ideas I had than currently in the synth. Too ambitious and the thing would never be completed :roll:
Was looking for a smoother noise it seems... Not necessarily a full spectrum noise. Still not sure if i'm going to use toolbox, highpass that and finetune that hp's-range to a parameter-knob in the end. To adjust for the amp or body of the noise (lets call it energy in music terms) thats put into the waveform at certain knob intervals.

It's pretty much a ROMpler after all so having the ability to do whatever is nice :D
R&R

Postby martinvicanek » Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:52 pm

Glad you found some of my contributions useful. :)
Regarding smoother noise: Have you tried velvet noise?
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=75814&p=201226
martinvicanek

Postby R&R » Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:02 am

Glad you found some of my contributions useful. :)
Regarding smoother noise: Have you tried velvet noise?
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=75814&p=201226

:!: :!: :!:

Cool! 8-)

Is there something you "haven't" done yet? :lol:

I'm definately gonna try this noise out later...
R&R

Postby R&R » Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:53 pm

I only have the flowstoners website but there’s a tab for the Quilcom stuff.

Spogg you seem to be spitting out so many plugs @ near audiorate... that your page is moving towards infinity and beyond in the Y-axis :lol: ;)
Noticed you have switched your plugin theme-style atleast 3-4 times?

If I were you... which wouldn't be possible because your big brain wouldn't fit inside my tiny skull for my tiny brain :lol: Buuut, my OCD tells me I would screenshot a closeup portion of one plugin each and use as "at top of page" category buttons with text-list below of what they all are named and their simulated instrument is... and let these button use an html anchor to jump to the first of that generation plugin. But dividing into subpages would be better of couse... :D
R&R

Postby Spogg » Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:28 pm

Yes my GUI theme is stable now. Stable but not good. I had good UI advice from tulamide, a fraction of which I’ve been capable of actually following. :oops:

My website could be SO much better, I agree. Yours is fabulous! But I’m not a website guy so I made it as best as I could, then just keep adding to it as and when. I much prefer to develop plugins than try to mess around with Wordpress. I hated doing it! :lol:
Spogg

Postby R&R » Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:43 pm

I much prefer to develop plugins than try to mess around with Wordpress. I hated doing it! :lol:

You and me both. You and me both...
Working with webpages is like trying to figuring out non solvable equations on mass, by banging one's head to a rock.
It's actually much much more fun creating automation scripts for testing them...

Funny thing is I'm procrastinating work "right now" on a webpage for an old acquaintance of mine. I haven't worked with it but thinking of using Joomla. But I have zero graphic material to work with, in usual order.

My website could be SO much better, I agree. Yours is fabulous!

Not necessarily, it look just fine. Just that little structural issue ;) My little landingpage might look a bit more modern and minimalist. But that's because it was whipped up just a few days ago. But I can do alot better I hope, If I needed... just used the webhosting own online webdesign tool this time. I'm just too lazy nowadays. As you said, alot more fun things to do...

I guess there's alot of themes for WP. But I've felt that when one doesn't know WP that well, it can be restricting and when dealing with tasks that should be easy suddenly becomes a pain in the a** such as CSS and the underlying page structure. But that goes for all CMS's I guess... :roll: Maybe they've changed WP since I last used it...
R&R

Postby Spogg » Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:34 am

My first experience of WP was that it seemed to insist that I should create a blog, rather than what I had in mind.
I recall having to bend it to my will somehow. For me it was a real struggle and not much made sense. But I suppose that’s just lack of experience which would be the case for anyone starting with a particular creative application, like FlowStone for example. I guess that’s why professionals make use of actual web designers.
Spogg

PreviousNext

Return to General