Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

The Quilcom SIM-KZ: Finally!

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

The Quilcom SIM-KZ: Finally!

Postby Spogg » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:41 pm

From the User Guide:

The SIM-KZ aims to simulate that most wonderful and widely revered instrument known in the west as the Kazoo. It has its origins in Africa hundreds of years ago, known there generally as a mirliton, which is a type of membranophone. The accomplished player will skilfully hum melodies into the mouthpiece to entertain and entrance the tribe. A thin membrane attached to the tube produces an additional vibration which is passed into the air, along with inherent resonances influenced strongly by the design of the body and construction materials chosen.

In order to help develop a better synthesis model I splashed out and bought several different types and analysed their characteristics and, as usual, no samples are used.

The SIM-KZ is an audio effect plugin and only processes the sound on its input which would normally be from a microphone, but you could try other monophonic (single note, no chords) sources of course. The left and right inputs are connected internally for monophonic processing. As your skill develops you will probably find that humming with mouth closed close to the microphone will give the best result. Professional concert Kazooists often make a plosive sound to give a sharper, well defined start to a note, like “doo-doo-doo”.

YouTube video:

https://youtu.be/HexzyKhG0gQ

Download all the stuff:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5xnbqw25gs2qi ... 1.zip?dl=0

Now go and make great music!
Spogg

Re: The Quilcom SIM-KZ: Finally!

Postby DigiTonix » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:05 am

Hello my dear friend!

everything works flawlessly))
and I saw a didgeridoo on a nearby branch, I need to add it to my instrument list.

I don't know how to play the harmonica, but I also sang doo-doo into it to get some kind of sound)
It was also nice to watch the video on YouTube!

Thanks for this!
Creative Technology for Bold Player's!
DigiTonix

Return to User Examples