Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Oneshot Sequencer

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Oneshot Sequencer

Postby BobF » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:28 pm

BobsOneShotSequencer.fsm
(580.02 KiB) Downloaded 1090 times

Hello gang,

Ok, this is a short of weird sequencer I came up with. It's five stages of oneshots (mono-stables) wired in series with a variable clock (osc) feeding the chain. The times can be set for each oneshot in milliseconds, there is a tap at each output with it's own volume control then summed and fed to three oscillators. Also the oneshots can be modulated via a lfo, there's a scope to view the waveform, and last a slew limiter before the three oscillators. Note there is a selector to select either one, two, or all three of the oscillators. This sequencer even though different from many others around can produce many , many cool sequences. I have even added an external clock and mod inputs and a external audio out and the summed oneshot output for more fun. It is presented as a packed module, but I would hope many of you take it apart and experiment a lot. Much, much more can be done here. The oneshots could of course be extended (or shortened), made parallel or series parallel, put under vca control, each oneshot could be modulated, ring modulated, and on and on.
So have fun, and please, please, experiment and if you do as always please share here at the forum.

Later then, BobF.....
BobF

Re: Oneshot Sequencer

Postby Spogg » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:57 am

Wow Bob!
Wild and crazy as ever and very creative too!

I think everyone here who reads my stuff will know that I do like to interfere so here's a few points, having played with it a bit:

-The "Volume" label is a bit misleading: these knobs set the peak frequency of the sweep.
-it would be nice to be able to bypass the DC filter so you could choose to sweep or not.
-It might be nice not to just have the DC filter but to experiment with various transfer functions like maybe a state variable filter or rate limiter; this could provide a large range of sweep behaviours.
-The preset parameter names are not unique throughout the schematic which means preset save and load behaviour won't be predictable
-The name label is cut off top and bottom. This may have been intentional!

All these points are offered as help and ideas, not crticism.
Thanks as always for sharing.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby BobF » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:32 pm

Hi Spogg,

You are absolutely correct, my bad. It was 2 in the morning , my free time, and I just hit enter and went to bed. Some very good suggestions and I will fix the presets once again. Never feel bad on saying anything about my posts, at least you say something, and it is always very much apprexisted.

Later then, BobF.....
BobF

Postby BobF » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:44 pm

BobsOneShotSequencer.fsm
(1.31 MiB) Downloaded 1022 times

Hello gang,

Ok here is a update on my "One-shot Sequencer", I added a few things as Spogg suggested and I do believe it is much better. The big thing is I added a slew limiter for each of the five one-shots. This does give a lot more sound choices. Some that are really cool. For more information just read the above first posting and just play around with it a lot.
Have fun, and if you come up with any cool mods or presets PLEASE post.

Later then, BobF.....
Last edited by BobF on Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BobF

Postby Spogg » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:19 pm

Much improved and more versatile! Well done :D

The preset parameter names still need attention so users can program and interface correctly.

I reckon the timing will be more predicatble as a VST and/or exe so when you've got the preset parameter naming sorted I will test and upload the exports, assuming all is well.

I was able to make some interesting sequences with it as it is.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Return to User Examples