Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

MIDI file utility

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: MIDI file utility

Postby KG_is_back » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:07 pm

kortezzzz wrote:Tested it on 3.0.6 and it seems working. Also the rewind" feature is very cool. Wondering if there is any way to just extraxt the full midi data out of the file without playing the notes. String format is welcome since it can easily set parmeters of any kind of Ruby based note\step sequencer inside FS. In that way, we can use the file utility as solid midi data extracter insteed of a player :)

You indeed can.
Code: Select all
file=MidiFile.load_file(path) #opens and parses the midi file
list_of_midi_events= file.tracks[0].events #gets array of midi events from track 0 of the midi file

Note, the midi events are various subclasses of MidiEvent. To get corresponding Midi objects that flowstone recognizes, you must call .to_midi method on them (which will usually return nil, because the feature is not fully implemented yet). However, the MidiEvent objects are more useful, because they also contain time-position within.

A full blown midi editor is indeed a planned feature...
KG_is_back

Postby kortezzzz » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:36 pm

KG_is_back wrote: A full blown midi editor is indeed a planned feature...

Great KG, I'll be waiting for this :D

Thanks!!!
kortezzzz

Postby keyjslider1 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:33 am

KG_is_back wrote:This project is an early prototype .

Awesome work, KG. It could be also great to create utility, doing the opposite job: convert the raw MIDI data, in a form like being represented by a MIDI-Split prim with a PPQ-based time signature alignment, into MIDI file. Optionally the feature of copying into MIDI-clipboard (like in FL Studio)... I for the sure will need this option for my project of MIDI-processor for live composition, but I will barely achieve the level enough I'd be capable of doing this utility by myself...
keyjslider1

Previous

Return to User Examples