Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

"offline" DSP processing

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

"offline" DSP processing

Postby KG_is_back » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:19 pm

Ever needed to load large wave file and then process/analyse it "offline" (aka as fast as possible). I may have made something that does exactly that. It basically works by triggering signal analyser prim with a trigger from separate thread. This ensures that flowstone will not freeze during long calculations. I've also added a progress bar.

NOTE: the example schematic can only process files shorter than 2^23 samples (cca 3min @44kHz), because wave-read and wave-write prims accept index as float.
Attachments
offlineProcessing_v1.0.fsm
(8.04 KiB) Downloaded 1021 times
KG_is_back

Re: "offline" DSP processing

Postby Spogg » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:39 pm

Excellent!

Works fine for me.

Thanks KG!
Spogg

Postby Wassaka » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:24 pm

Thanks KG!!!! Awesome module, but I have a question... How can I make the delay compensation? For example, I have a compressor with some lookahead and the rendered version is displaced and cutted...

Thanks, Wassaka.
Wassaka

Postby KG_is_back » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:45 pm

You offset the index on the wave write prims (inside "wave create+write" module), by adding/subtracting an integer. Similarly you can offset the input. Additionally you may also want to adjust the length - by adding to the "length" input of the "offline processing of stream v1.0" module. The length controls how many samples are being processed. That is completely separate from which samples are being read/written to - that is controlled by the wave read and wave write modules respectively.
KG_is_back

Postby Wassaka » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:24 am

KG_is_back wrote:You offset the index on the wave write prims (inside "wave create+write" module), by adding/subtracting an integer. Similarly you can offset the input. Additionally you may also want to adjust the length - by adding to the "length" input of the "offline processing of stream v1.0" module. The length controls how many samples are being processed. That is completely separate from which samples are being read/written to - that is controlled by the wave read and wave write modules respectively.

Thank you very much!!
Wassaka

Return to User Examples