Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Echo/delay with ring modulation etc. i have been working on

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Echo/delay with ring modulation etc. i have been working

Postby Halon » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:57 pm

Its done. I decided to remove the step lfo. I also added saturation on the input. Automation works perfectly, at least on my end. Added 8 presets to showcase what the plugin can do.

Thanks again Spogg for all your help! :)
Attachments
Digital Echo Unit.fsm
(227.68 KiB) Downloaded 911 times
Halon

Postby RJHollins » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:24 pm

Looks Good ! Will try to test later.

8-)
RJHollins

Postby Halon » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:10 pm

Thanks RJHollins. Hope you like it. :)
Halon

Postby Spogg » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:10 am

Hi Halon

I was busy so only just got to look at this. It works great, so well done.

You say it’s done, so I’m probably going to annoy you with a few points. It’s up to you of course if you want to make the changes:

There is still bitmap clipping evident on the panels. So you have sharp edges at the bottom and nice rounded edges at the top. The preset manager has sharp corners, so it would look better if it was rounded like the other two panels. I’m no good at GUI design but it was the first thing I noticed!

The “Mode” slide switch doesn’t explain anything to the user. You could just call it S&H mode maybe.

It would be nicer if the text labels were all the same colour or shade of grey, or all black.

The inputs and outputs are internal to the schematic so you can't export it as a VST effect. It’s ok for export as a stand-alone exe but you really need both ASIO and DirectSound prims for input and output, so users can choose on the exe menu what they need. You may be aware of this of course, but I mention it just in case. Of course it’s no problem for a flowstoner to choose the arrangement they want, so this isn’t a critical issue.

If you need any more help or info just ask.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby Halon » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:10 pm

Spogg wrote:Hi Halon

I was busy so only just got to look at this. It works great, so well done.

You say it’s done, so I’m probably going to annoy you with a few points. It’s up to you of course if you want to make the changes:

There is still bitmap clipping evident on the panels. So you have sharp edges at the bottom and nice rounded edges at the top. The preset manager has sharp corners, so it would look better if it was rounded like the other two panels. I’m no good at GUI design but it was the first thing I noticed!

The “Mode” slide switch doesn’t explain anything to the user. You could just call it S&H mode maybe.

It would be nicer if the text labels were all the same colour or shade of grey, or all black.

The inputs and outputs are internal to the schematic so you can't export it as a VST effect. It’s ok for export as a stand-alone exe but you really need both ASIO and DirectSound prims for input and output, so users can choose on the exe menu what they need. You may be aware of this of course, but I mention it just in case. Of course it’s no problem for a flowstoner to choose the arrangement they want, so this isn’t a critical issue.

If you need any more help or info just ask.

Cheers

Spogg

Hi Spogg. Not annoyed at all. Glad you pointed those things out.

I forgot about the share edges. I will fix those. When you say the inputs and outputs are internal to the schematic, should i move those up one level? Should i also add ASIO and Direct Sound drivers?

Thanks again for your help :)
Halon

Postby Spogg » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:10 pm

If you put the mono inputs and outputs on the top level (the front panel) then it can be exported as a VST. The DAW will pick up the connector pins and the DAW will use whatever audio in/out is set up for the DAW. This is the usual way to share effects plugins in FS.

It’s kinda polite to add the DirectSound and ASIO in and out prims, all on the top level alongside the main module, so a Flowstoner can turn on what she prefers.

Also it’s a good idea to turn off the in/out prims before saving to share. If an output is left enabled, when a new Flowstoner opens the schematic it might crash the software.

The ASIO and DirectSound prims are not “drivers” by the way. Drivers are provided by Windows and/or the audio interface manufacturer. These prims run code that interfaces with the drivers.

If you did want to make an executable (stand-alone) you then need to put the in/out prims inside the schematic, and connect them all, but don’t turn them on! When exporting you choose to have the audio menu included. That way the user can decide what type of driver to use.

Hope that helps!

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby Halon » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:11 pm

Ah ok thanks. I'll do that right away. :)
Halon

Postby Halon » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:17 pm

Hi. I dont have the DirectSound and ASIO prims. It might be because i use the FL Studio version. But if I do have them, where are they located ?

Anyway, i un-connected the audio out, moved the in and outs to the too level and added a frequency shifter i found in your 'synthmaker greatest hits' thread. I also fixed the sharp edges on the blue images. But funny enough, even if i change the height, it kept resetting to whatever it was before when reopening the project. But I believe it should be fixed now.
Attachments
Digital Echo Unit.fsm
(194.16 KiB) Downloaded 905 times
Halon

Postby Spogg » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:08 am

Hi Halon

This looks and sounds great now! So, well done Sir!

I would like to put it up on the Flowstoners site if you don’t mind.

However, I do like to include a user “manual” these days. This can simply be a short description of what each knob and switch does. Anything else you want to add, like user tips etc. would be a bonus. It needs to be done by you as the developer, since you know the functions so well.

And don’t worry about getting the words perfect; I’m very happy to proofread and make any corrections before it’s posted.

So I look forward to some text!

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby Halon » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:28 pm

Thank you Spogg! There is actually a couple of minor things i need to change, like the presets which sounds a bit different now since i removed one of the lfos.

Does the gui edges look normal now? I believe they should. If not i need to fix them. Also for the manual and user tips i could add a 'tool tip or hover-over-button tool tip' which i found in your 'synthmaker greatest hits' thread. I could also right a simple manual aswell. :)
Halon

PreviousNext

Return to User Examples