Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Echo/delay with ring modulation etc. i have been working on

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Echo/delay with ring modulation etc. i have been working on

Postby Halon » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:05 pm

Here is something I have been working on lately. I hadn't touched SynthMaker for a long time, so went on to fool around a bit and made this. The delay and ring mod is from a tutorial from youtube. There is a lp/hp filter on the feedback path of the delay, and a step lfo which modulates the ring mod rate, plus an input, clipper and output. Hope you like it and find it useful.

Go ahead and make it your own. Add useful stuff or remove things you dont like. The knobs are from LoopyTunes. His latest stuff.

Also, a couple of things i would like to add is a dry/wet mixer for the delay and a proper overdrive/distortion.

Cheers. :)
Attachments
Echo with step lfo and ringmod plus other stuff.fsm
Schematic
(367.42 KiB) Downloaded 1059 times
Halon

Re: Echo/delay with ring modulation etc. i have been working

Postby Spogg » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:36 am

I like this very much!

I got a great range of effects, with no learning curve, so everything is laid out nicely and functions well.

Suggestions:
    I don’t see the need for the separate blue ON indicator LED for the stepper because the switch has a green one already.
    It’s essential to provide a clipper at the output. Audio interfaces can behave in unpredictable ways if they get more than full scale output (+/- 1 peak). My previous soundcard used to hang if that happened, but my current one just makes vile noises, much worse than hard clipping!
    I’m probably the least qualified on here to comment on the GUI, but I noticed that there was a mixture of curved corners and sharp ones which to me made it look inconsistent. I like the GUI otherwise but hey, what do I know about GUI design? Maybe that was intended…

Thanks for sharing this; I really like it and the idea of the Ring mod.
I hope you continue to develop it and when it’s ready, I’d like to put in on the Flowstoners web site, if you agree.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby Halon » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:47 pm

Omg thank you Spogg! Really appreciate it. :shock: :D

Yes you are right about the blue led indicator. It is not needed.

And with a clipper at the output, you mean the stereo clip right? Also i will have a look at the gui stuff you mentioned. I didnt notice those things so thanks for mentioning.

Oh and it would be great if it could be put up on the flowstoners website, but unfortunately i only have the FL Studio version of SynthMaker so am not able to export to vst. Maybe you could help with that? :roll:

I should buy FlowStone at some point :)
Anyways, back to the drawing board. ;)

Have a nice day.
Espen.
Halon

Postby Spogg » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:18 am

No probs.

Yes the stereo clipper will do the trick. It's an important safety net and doesn't alter the sound as long as +/- 0.99 isn't exceeded.

When you and I agree it's ready (mostly down to you) I can do the VST export for Flowstoners. I possibly shouldn't because you're supposed to buy the full FS for that, but I've done it for others and no police have come (yet).

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby Halon » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:48 pm

Ok. Will do. Yes i should buy FS, i really should. I will keep working on it and let you know. When its ready. :)
Halon

Postby Halon » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:34 pm

Hi Spogg. So the delay is pretty much finished. Sure there are some things i would love to add, like delay time modulation for those wow and flutter sounds, but I have no idea how to do that. Also the right edge of the gui is shaper then the rest for some reason. Ive tried 'fixing' it but no. If there is something you would like to fix or if you feel there is need for something please feel free to do so. :D
Attachments
Echo with step lfo and ringmod plus other stuff_2.fsm
(345.48 KiB) Downloaded 1022 times
Halon

Postby Spogg » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:49 pm

Hi Halon

This is coming along nicely.

The issue with the square edges is that you have clipped off part of the bitmaps for the backgrounds. The view area is too small for them.

After you’ve loaded a bitmap, you can go into the bitmap loader and manually change the width and heights, until you get the fit you need.

For a simple bitmap like those blue ones, which are pretty uniform, you won’t notice the stretching or shrinking. This means you can use one bitmap and adapt it for various uses, by copying, pasting and then tweaking.

I’ve done this for the two on the right, just the width by me, so you can now do the height and the others for width and height yourself, to make it look nicer.

You need to give each of the controls a unique preset parameter name. Otherwise it won’t work correctly with a DAW. Take a look at my tutorial:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5985&hilit=preset+tutorial#p28501

If you want to modulate a delay just use a mono (blue) LFO controlling a stream multiply prim in series with the delay time knob. So you increase and decrease the delay value with the LFO, just like you would modulate volume for tremolo.

Good luck!

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby Halon » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:30 pm

Thanks Spogg. I'll keep working on it. ;)
Halon

Postby Spogg » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:22 am

Halon wrote:Thanks Spogg. I'll keep working on it. ;)

Good to hear!

What appeals to me is the idea behind it, which is unusual and makes some interesting sounds.
So yes, hone your skills and the end result will be worth it I'm sure.

Have fun!

Spogg
Spogg

Postby Halon » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:20 pm

Thanks. :)
Halon

Next

Return to User Examples