Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Noise Removal

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Noise Removal

Postby Spogg » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:56 am

Well I got the violin file that tulamide linked to (many thanks) and this tool is TOTALLY AWESOME! :o

This is surely a commercial grade processor. Is there anything to compete with it? I’d be surprised, and if there is, it probably costs a small fortune.

I do recall using the noise print method ages ago, possibly in Sound Forge. I don't recall what audio I was working on but It was a lot of messing around and experimentation and the result was full of artefacts. In fact I preferred the noisy version, because our brains can listen “through” the noise somehow. But Martin’s wonderful tool just works!

If I ever need noise reduction this will be my go-to tool.

Once again Martin has shown what a true wizard can do with Flowstone. :ugeek:

I should mention that version 2 needed to have an After Load prim to trigger the RubyEdit. I seem to recall reading somewhere that this was an issue with 3.06, which I’m currently using.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby tulamide » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:54 am

Spogg wrote:Is there anything to compete with it? I’d be surprised, and if there is, it probably costs a small fortune.
I wouldn't know. Here's an example, that's still state of the art:
https://youtu.be/826aEnEX8Ak

There is a one knob noise remover, but the results are not as good, and it once cost $60 (but is not available as a single product anymore, the bundle it is included in costs $236):
https://youtu.be/-jtU5pO0HB4

A third one, that is easy to handle, is about $30, but still needs the learning phase (=fingerprint/noiseprint):
https://youtu.be/IoUmKRAi-Ds

Martin's tool is more advanced in terms of usage and results. Yep, this could make some bucks, if Martin opts for it.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby BobF » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:42 pm

Hi Martin,

Much needed and Appreciated, great work as always!

Cheers, BobF.....
BobF

Postby Spogg » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:04 am

tulamide wrote:... Martin's tool is more advanced in terms of usage and results. Yep, this could make some bucks, if Martin opts for it.

I watched all three videos (thanks for the links tulamide) and Martin’s is the winner!
This could certainly make him some money if he wanted to go down that route.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby tiffy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:42 pm

Thank you, Martin. Tested it and works great.
tiffy

Previous

Return to User Examples