Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

A Filterbox with an LFO

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: A Filterbox with an LFO

Postby Phil Thalasso » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:56 am

Hey Tulamide,
yes, this is funny, very funny indeed. Can't change my name though, I would. :P
Picked Phil Thalasso as a nickname because I am thalassophil.

Just in case you wonder: I associate Tulamide with Tula, hence Tolstoi, although I wonder what миде would mean. Hm, only makes sense as an accronym: Министерство информационной технологии дел и электроника?

I guess one application for the filter lasso in DSP would be in mastering. In Adobe Audition you can work with spectrograms although not in a typical photoshop fashion. So imagine having a (magic) lasso tool, selecting irregular parts in the spectrogram, copy and paste a new layer and the tie this "modification" layer - which overrides the base - to a or several vsti-effects.

Regards
Phil
Attachments
specto.jpg
specto.jpg (84.06 KiB) Viewed 16210 times
Phil Thalasso

Postby RJHollins » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:55 am

We do something 'similar' with iZotope's RX, Spectral Restoration software.
RJHollins

Postby Phil Thalasso » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:28 am

Thank you for that reference RJ. I just had a look at RX7 / Music Rebalancing. Doesn't exactly come cheap, but I think I have to get that program. Sort of weird, that Cubase according to the spec sheet is only supported on Mac, though.

Regards
Phil
Phil Thalasso

Postby tulamide » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:25 am

Phil Thalasso wrote:Hey Tulamide,
yes, this is funny, very funny indeed. Can't change my name though, I would. :P
Picked Phil Thalasso as a nickname because I am thalassophil.

Just in case you wonder: I associate Tulamide with Tula, hence Tolstoi, although I wonder what миде would mean. Hm, only makes sense as an accronym: Министерство информационной технологии дел и электроника?

I guess one application for the filter lasso in DSP would be in mastering. In Adobe Audition you can work with spectrograms although not in a typical photoshop fashion. So imagine having a (magic) lasso tool, selecting irregular parts in the spectrogram, copy and paste a new layer and the tie this "modification" layer - which overrides the base - to a or several vsti-effects.

Regards
Phil

I have to disappoint you, Russian was only my 5th language in school, and it was optional. I quitted after half a year. So I do know the cyrillic alphabet and can read a few words like elektronika or teknologie, but have no real understanding for the language. I'm afraid the origin of my nick is very boring. As a kid I was playing role playing games with my friends. No, we're not talking software, but the real deal, with pencil and paper, with a master guiding the others through their adventure and lots and lots of dice throwings. While D&D was very prominent at that time, we were hooked by Das Schwarze Auge (short DSA), and in this fantasy world the original inhabitants were called Tulamiden (singular: Tulamide). Sorry, but that's all!

Das Schwarze Auge still exists after over 30 years, in its 5th edition now.

And keep your name! The number of people who will misread it is probably 1 :mrgreen:
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby Spogg » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:56 am

Some years ago I looked up tulamide and came up with this page:

http://en.drakensang.wikia.com/wiki/Tulamide

Cheers

Spogg

EDIT: I should explain that I didn’t look UP tulamide. I’m not a proctologist you know.
Spogg

Postby Phil Thalasso » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:24 pm

Hey you all,

the final project of my experimenting with filterboxes, comments inside the schematic.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rc4m0ra9d ... 3.fsm/file

@Tulamide & Spogg: I guess I am too old or was ignorant as a youngster, but the entire role-playing world went unnoticed by me. To be honest, I have no clue how a role-game even works, but it must be lots of fun when people stick for years and decades to it. To me Tula was and is a Russian town in the first place. The other Tulamides seem to be good folks too. As a famous German soccer-player would say: "again what learned".

Regards
Phil
Phil Thalasso

Postby Spogg » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:10 pm

It looks very flexible Phil.

I only had a quick play but I can see a great potential.

What confused me for a while is the central Speed and Depth knobs, which I couldn’t get to do anything.
So I had a look inside and that LFO isn’t connected! :?

I’ll be interested to see future versions of this.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby Phil Thalasso » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:22 pm

Hi Spogg,

please download the following:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9bam8snsd ... d.fsm/file

Stuck two more labels on it and expanded the comment box. The "standard" LFO, which means the greeen knobs underneath the filter display, is deactivated when the Blending LFO is on. Further development plans:
I plan to calibrate the filters better and may integrate a sequencer to manipulate the cross sliders. Just have a feeling that using LFOs won't do the trick. I'm back to work next week, so that might take a while.

Sorry for the first upload, could have explained things better.
Regards
Phil
Phil Thalasso

Postby Phil Thalasso » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:16 pm

Hello all,

this is my latest project which took forever to complete. It takes up quite a bit of real-estate; I'm aware of that.

The schematic itself is found on

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pEqPc ... 6MDe98xEd7

As always, I want to thank the people who contribute to this forum. In this particular case Spogg was very helpful,
and that goes as far back as September 2018.

Please feel free to do whatever you want with the project. I hope you'll have fun doing that.

Regards
Phil
Attachments
Brown Cross FilterXmas 2018_web.jpg
Brown Cross FilterXmas 2018_web.jpg (135.14 KiB) Viewed 15091 times
Phil Thalasso

Postby Spogg » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:01 pm

Well, I like it more than ever, but I found several issues, some of which I fixed myself. The details are in the comments in the schematic along with some suggestions.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0rmfm8a3p5nv ... 0.zip?dl=0

The big non-no is trying to connect white poly stream signals directly into green sections. Quite a few filter modules are affected but you should be able to sort these. Any questions just ask.

I get the impression that you are finished with this, but that would be a great shame because, in my opinion, you can already see the finishing line.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

PreviousNext

Return to User Examples