Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Troll XMas: ZDF EQ

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Troll XMas: ZDF EQ

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:08 pm

I simplified the knobs and sliders to a great extent. I've found that the smoothest transition is to rely on the knob for the x-co-ordinates and to use the slider x-coordinates for the knob only with no preset.

What it came down to though is doing all the math within the knob. I've solved the bug but You know how it is. You simplify, then You simplify again, and again. It's actually something that's now so simple that I could add it to LA Tools because it's useful; But yeah, Monday is the most likely release date.

I realize it's annoying to even open a beta up; So thanks to those Who did.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:54 pm

Here it is; But alas, a pre-release. I was tired and went to bed.
However, it has all the features I promised except fancy presets with fancy labels.

Anyways, I thought it was an add concept to control a de-esser with an equalizer; But I'll also add that feature in. It will limit the bell to half (0.5) and downwards translates to threshold. Furthermore, frequency is not controllable by the bells yet; But can and will be. I thought maybe once adding mousewheel support; The ratio could be controlled the same as Q might be.

Anyways, I'd like to research the meaning and iterations of slope for shelving so I get the semantic order right.

The de-esser; It came from the old Synthmaker forum, works well; But I gutted it and put ZDF's in. The only thing I notice is that due to ZDF having sero delay, the ruby Gain Reduction analyzer is not "responsive" because there is no latency it doesn't move up and down which I guess people gauge as "activity" lol.

[Download on First Post]
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:50 pm

Ok, last pre-final before a final. The final might well take Me over a week to complete.

I found it difficult to get the presets to show accurately within FL Studio. Like, for instance when You move a bell, it shows just the decibels. So, I tweaked it and made sure that every instance of preset data going to Hz was a blank string primitive; Then added the label to the decibel preset so it reads:

Band 1: 250hz | -18 dBFS

Simple enough, a bit of trial and error. Secondly, I had issue with the De-Esser. I intended to use only ZDF filters for its inner workings; But perhaps that is unrealistic. They (the ZDF filters) provide stimulus to the envelope follower and I believe the ZDF's are maybe just too fast for that function. But, I mean like anything if I were to labor upon the concept I might succeed.

Thirdly, I'd like to add double click typed and keypad input for those with touchscreen. I have to admit too, the feature on the other EQ I've been working on (Stock EQ) has a nice capability of changing the Q (Resonance) value with just a drag to the left or right. It could be that that is an ideal function for any EQ ever made really. I mean, it allows You to change the Q value with the mouse; It's faster even then a scroll wheel (but that also will be added).

The de-esser now has attack and release that notably have a profound impact on timing, and if You fiddle with either; You might believe as I do, that the need for a compressor (for timing effect) is negligible. This very well might be the best EQ for vocals with the addition of a de-esser.

Look in the user examples forum BTW and look up T-verb, it's a beta reverb I'm working on. Soon to be final.
http://www.flowstone.co.uk/support/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14107&sid=722e31020834f29c11cd54581d9b4733#p46750

It's been disturbing to Me to read such un-flattering reviews of Flowstone. In My mind it's the best product for making Your own studio equipment. Synthedit is also good, but there is often bugs from the free plugins made with it that I have tried. That is either the result of complicated interface on the part of Synthedit; Or a hard to tame workflow (which would ultimately be the same result). So, I mean I'll try Synthedit too, but only with the understanding that it's going to be complex.

[Download on First Post]
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:02 pm

So, thanks to Juha_TP, I'm fixing any issues with the scale of the frequency grade rule in the background.

And also, for those who want to use this pre-final. There were two last minute additions which led to two serious bugs; But You can fix them easily.

In the main schematic there is this (it must have auto-linked :roll: ):
autolinked error.jpg
error
autolinked error.jpg (7.4 KiB) Viewed 11780 times

It's on the very last instance of the MV Filter.. etc etc module

and in each knob there is a view wireless link which then leads to a selector. At the bottom there is a dummy selector, it's yellow and has no module in connection. Move that down one, and connect the view to the eighth connection and it works swimmingly. Good luck.

I was working on the final last night, going very well. I'm very pleased with it, and its useful for Me to use for My own stuff.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:54 pm

Mmmk, so while this was a stable RC - I've made some stuff that would make this extremely cool. I'll make sure presets are saved for the de-esser and I thought some other stuff Might be fun to add.

I'll replace all of the ZDF filters with My own modded ZDF Filters. They're stable and they seem faster.
Special thanks to Adam Szabo and Martin Vicanek for going out of their way to make stable ZDF Filters.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Previous

Return to User Examples