Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

W.I.P. Synth "Quaint": Warning, Horrifyingly Untidy Inside

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

W.I.P. Synth "Quaint": Warning, Horrifyingly Untidy Inside

Postby Duckett » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:22 pm

Making for my own use, but if others like something about it, great. Hardly spectacular- Bog-standard modules, just 2 oscs, 2 SVFs, and some odd twists that help me make things sound dodgy and less modern; still missing things like pitch bend, mod wheel and other touches. Somehow, some multi-oscs are hanging out in the front panel, but can't find them in the schematic... I guess that's why keeping schematics tidy helps, eh?
Have a peek if you dare, but it's a mess in there. Feel free to muck about- once the wincing and shuddering is over, why not see if you can't get some interesting noises out of it. KOM = Knob Of Mystery (not really mysterious, but for an end-user it certainly would be).

*EDIT* "Attachment quota" blah blah blah, so here's a link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xvnos6f9mjum70g/Quaint.fsm?dl=0

*UPDATE* Not expecting pages of comments, but if there's a problem with the link/downloading it, please let me know.
We have to train ourselves so that we can improvise on anything... a bird, a sock, a fuming beaker! This, too, can be music. Anything can be music. -Biff Debris
Duckett

Re: W.I.P. Synth "Quaint": Warning, Horrifyingly Untidy Insi

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:49 pm

Hey, a new synth :). OK, I'll check it out. I've been wanting to get into making instruments. I'm nearly finished making a new EQ based upon RBJ filters, so maybe I will.

This particular EQ is going to have two versions, one with knobs and drag and one with only drag, small enough to be in a synth. So it might cater to You well. Thanks Duckett.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby Duckett » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:57 pm

Thanks for replying- Quaint has two of the stock EQs (one for each OSC), so I'd absolutely love to see what you're coming up with, looking forward to it.
We have to train ourselves so that we can improvise on anything... a bird, a sock, a fuming beaker! This, too, can be music. Anything can be music. -Biff Debris
Duckett

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:59 pm

Yeah, it's a three band eq. I wanted a larger version for My own needs.

There will be a small version. I'll use the unique dragging architecture I designed for the ZDF EQ; It shouldn't take too long. The time consuming part was getting the filters right. It's a heavily optimized RBJ with just over 1%.

Here's an image of the larger model that I'd needed for mixing. I like sonimus's son EQ, but it's nice to have contrast between it and the Sony track EQ. Small fast EQ's are nice. This one sounds like an eq like from the eighties. It has a smoothness, no roughness but a little acrid in the finish. So that it seems to take away from the hanging notes; With a bit of bass mixed in it's very choice.

ezgif-3-68969238cd74.jpg
Shelf EQ
ezgif-3-68969238cd74.jpg (29.95 KiB) Viewed 10552 times

Oh, and BTW the reason the ZDF EQ was delayed a bit was I was troubleshooting the spike in the ZDF architecture. I think I may have found a way to make it faster by great degrees. I noticed however good it was; It spikes in usage by 45% intermittently :/.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

W I P Synth "Quaint" Warning Horrifyingly Untidy Inside

Postby TimothySoado » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:03 pm

Hey Carlos. That brings up memories. That character is memorable. Did you have to do anything about copyrights to be able to use that character?
TimothySoado

Return to User Examples