Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Bitmap Array Loader

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Bitmap Array Loader

Postby trogluddite » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:44 pm

Inspired by kortezzzz's cool Dancing Lady synth, which uses multiple bitmaps to make GUI animations, I thought it would be nice if you could load a whole array of bitmaps all in one go. Ruby's file system and string handling make this kind of thing much easier than it used to be, so...

bitmap_array_loader.fsm
(430.05 KiB) Downloaded 777 times

The image files must all be in the same folder, and must have the same beginning to the file name plus a number at the end (e.g. "my_image_001.png", "my_image_002.png", etc.). Choose any one of the numbered files in the File dialogue to load all of the matching files into the Bitmap Array at once. The numbers are just used to sort the bitmaps into order, so they don't have to be sequential or start at any particular value, or even to have the same number of digits. There's a wireless trigger built in called 'Update All Bitmaps' which can be used to update multiple modules all at once (as in my Auto Updatey Thing modules.)
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Re: Bitmap Array Loader

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:17 am

interesting, I'll be taking a look at this, thankyou :D.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Re: Bitmap Array Loader

Postby kortezzzz » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:59 am

Awesome array loader :D Your little Ruby tricks are legendary, trog. They helped me in so many situations where I just couldn't find anything else, so this one is reloaded straight to the cartridge, waiting for the "We better seek trog's toolbox category for that" day :D Thankssssss
kortezzzz

Return to User Examples