Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

The Quilcom TERRORMIN: Music with your mouse!

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: The Quilcom TERRORMIN: Music with your mouse!

Postby billv » Sun May 05, 2019 12:31 am

Great work Spoog. I watched the video. I really liked the presets. Well done.. :)
billv

Postby trogluddite » Sun May 05, 2019 12:32 am

kortezzzz wrote:Is it possible?

The 'MIDI Note Transitions" module wouldn't need to change, but there's no Ruby equivalent of the 'Mouse Over' primitive which you'd need to detect the hovering. Given that you must have that primitive, moving all mouse handling to green might be just as easy.

Off Topic:
kortezzzz wrote: you'll develop the VSTi that would break the market a part

In all honesty, I'm probably not the right guy. Toolmaker is my calling - I'd have been the village blacksmith in olden times, I always like to think. I can still count the release-ready plugins I've made on one hand after all these years with SM and FS! :oops:
kortezzzz wrote:I think that we should lock you every day in a room for 2 hours

That part's easy-peasy, no problem at all. I often lock myself in a room alone for a length of time far too embarrassing to admit here! So long as I sneaked in a few packs of fig rolls and pickled onion flavour Monster Munch, you'd never break me that way! :lol:
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby tulamide » Sun May 05, 2019 2:04 am

trogluddite wrote:Toolmaker is my calling - I'd have been the village blacksmith in olden times, I always like to think. I can still count the release-ready plugins I've made on one hand after all these years with SM and FS! :oops:

trogluddite wrote:That part's easy-peasy, no problem at all. I often lock myself in a room alone for a length of time far too embarrassing to admit here!

We are so similar it's almost frightening. Are we parted twins? :lol:

Extremely off-topic:
If you ever find the time, would you consider playing around with my spline class? I'm very proud of it, and always dreamed of having you commenting on it. But you left, I think, days before the release. You can find it here (including an elaborate pdf manual): http://flowstone.guru/downloads/ruby-for-flowstone-expansion-spline-class/#description
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby kortezzzz » Sun May 05, 2019 7:54 am

trogluddite wrote:Toolmaker is my calling - I'd have been the village blacksmith in olden times, I always like to think. I can still count the release-ready plugins I've made on one hand after all these years with SM and FS!

I remember back then when I've first opened your Suppa loopa plugin schematic. I was quite newbie and I had no idea what you did there, but I've learned the basics of synthmaker from that and it gave me great perspective for the abilities of this software and made me stay. By the way, could Suppa loopa play loops according to a given BPM? I mean could you load a loop let's say 120 BPM and play it in 135 BPM? I have no idea, because I even hadn't the knowledge to explore it's features :roll:

trogluddite wrote:moving all mouse handling to green might be just as easy

Yep, spog already did it for us nicely (although that skull is not my personal taste and I switched it to spiderman! :) )
Just one more question: Can that mouse note module you've created become vertical instead of horizontal? I mean like the piano rolls of DAWs? We still don't have such a keyboard on the forum. It can be very useful for some.

Thanks again, trog. Interesting things happen here when you are around. And maybe I should try that pickled onion flavour Monster Munch just to see if it has any effect on my poor coding skills :lol:
kortezzzz

Postby nix » Sun May 05, 2019 12:38 pm

2019 posts in 2019 Spogg!
nix

Postby Spogg » Sun May 05, 2019 2:59 pm

Just to say that I’m currently adapting the Mouse Play to what I think is required, using trog’s wonderful tool to mediate the MIDI side. I mention this now to maybe avoid duplication of effort.

It’s going really well and already working. :D
More to do of course.

Initially it’ll be the same horizontal format as the Terrormin and work the same way. Once that’s done I’ll post it and then work on a vertical version, but I’m worried about the keyboard display which is all Ruby. :?

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby trogluddite » Sun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm

^ Great news, Spogg, I'm looking forward to it. In the mean-time, I'll have a little poke around in the keyboard Ruby code to get an idea what kind of surgery might be required - swapping the axes doesn't usually involve too much messing around.

Off Topic (again! What have I started?! Sorry Spogg.)
tulamide wrote:We are so similar it's almost frightening

What you haven't realised is that DSPr is actually a front for our alien overlords (chief moderator is a Vulcan, yes?) Each schematic is, in reality, a cunningly disguised neural map of part of your brain. Once enough of us have re-wired our minds in this way, our neural "triggers" will all synchronise (in fact, there isn't a "green trigger timing issue" at all, it just appears that way when you can only perceive normal human space-time.) We'll then all "plug-in" (another clue) to the collective "stream" (see!) of consciousness, and begin our prophesied task of rewiring the very fabric of the universe itself! But Shhhh! I didn't tell you that! ;)

Spline class DL'd!

kortezzzz wrote:could you load a loop

No, not even that. :shock: There was some rudimentary time-stretching, but never any file handling, as I wanted it to be a pure "live-input" looper (well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! :lol: ) But thanks for the kind comments - that is still by far the biggest SM/FS project that I ever worked on, and I still use it regularly.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby Spogg » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:35 pm

Look what Kevin Brown made for the Terrormin:

Screenshot lower res and size.png
Screenshot lower res and size.png (234.16 KiB) Viewed 18380 times

Here’s the download which includes everything plus a 64 bit plugin as well as 32 bit:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qmx075iqu8zqq ... I.zip?dl=0

Many thanks to Kevin!
Spogg

Postby DSP-Robotron » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:16 am

This is really kick ass. Thank you for sharing the fsm file. I will buy FlowStone just for this project but I need the 64bit version of it and I don't see any links that mention a 64bit file. Are they going to release the 64bit version of FlowStone at some point ?
DSP-Robotron

Postby Spogg » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:54 am

Welcome to the forum and thank you! :D

The 64 bit version of FS4 is still in alpha development and testing and not on general public release yet, with no roadmap for release yet declared. I have to say that it’s coming on great with so many new features and improvements.
My suggestion would be that if you buy FlowStone you spend some time checking it out and learning it, by which time the FS4 may be released and if not you could then join in with testing. We want to avoid newbies immediately becoming testers until they’ve got to grips with at least the basics.

If you want to modify the schematic you can do so using FS3 (we recommend FS 3.06 for various reasons) and then later on make a 64 bit export.

At the moment I develop in FS 3.06 exclusively and use the schematic for testing FS4 and if all is well making a 64 bit export. If all is not well it gives me the opportunity to feedback bug reports.

I do hope you go for it and, if you do, have a lot of fun and interest. And we are here to help don’t forget.
Be aware that it’s a highly addictive app!
Spogg

PreviousNext

Return to User Examples