Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

The Quilcom TERRORMIN: Music with your mouse!

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: The Quilcom TERRORMIN: Music with your mouse!

Postby DSP-Robotron » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:30 am

I know it's very addictive but at the moment I'm playing with both SynthEdit and FlowStone demo versions. I find it a bit weird that despite looking more primitive SynthEdit already has 64 bit VST plugin export working. Is FlowStone including a full SDK ? I'm guessing it was made in C++ and not with some Ruby script.

Any ideas how we can recreate or simulate a Korg Wavestate synth in FlowStone ?
DSP-Robotron

Postby Spogg » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:16 am

I can only say what I thought when I compared SynthMaker (came before FlowStone) with SynthEdit about 7 years ago. At that time I thought that FS was much better on several accounts. There were more prims available and lots of modules that others had made which were shared freely. With SE it seemed the “good” stuff had to be bought. Also the schematic aspects seemed much more developed and somehow more logical. At that time the support community for FS seemed much more favourable than for SE. People making stuff and sharing for free, and very willing to offer help at no cost.

That may not be the case these days but I’m so used to FS now that I wouldn’t consider changing.

The FS program is compiled from visual C++ I believe and FS has no SDK. Instead we have 3 coding options available to make modules. These are DSP, Assembler and Ruby. If you want to use C++ you can make dlls (not in FS) and these can be used in FS, either as separate libraries or embedded into the schematic.

I’m afraid I don’t know anything about the Korg Wavestate but it would be a good idea if you start a separate topic in General for that and also if you wish to ask more about FS. That way you’ll get a wider readership and possibly more responses.

Whichever app you decide upon… have fun!
Spogg

Postby DSP-Robotron » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:53 am

Well since you already managed to simulate a famous instrument so nicely (The Theremin) I think it is your responsibility now to simulate the latest and greatest synth of 2020 which is the... Korg Wavestate. You can find demos on YT. There is also an older plugin called Xphraze which does most of the same things but it's not doing it automatically. It is very tedious and hard to load samples manually into each step in every single lane and to add modifiers for each step by hand. It needs lots of randomization and automatic functions. We need a script that loads random samples from a default folder and fills each sampler from each step. That default folder should always contain at least one sample so it can get started producing sound. Or a sampler with lots of layers and random layer switchings and multiple splits.

Basically we need a step sequencer or arpeggiator with multiple lanes and each step in those lanes needs to be a wave player or a mini sampler or an array of mini samplers that switch sounds automatically based on... Something. Midi clock ? Or others synced sources. We should already have all the components needed. Theoretically. Right ? LOL
DSP-Robotron

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:23 pm

Perhaps this mouse controller ruby code might be handy for you, at least as a reference. I was looking at the ruby adsr code and realized what was possible. Anyways, I was giving thought to making a pure Ruby GUI for an EQ; and came up with this basic start.

I noticed, at times; your terrormin cursor can waver; and maybe this is a better way to display the cursor so it does not have a herky jerky motion when it moves. In the betas the result is smooth scaling it's just an idea.

I'll take the idea a bit further and try to make a skull with Trogluddite's ruby image mapper program, but the limitation of that is the holes in the eyes. Perhaps I could make it 5 layers, a white skull (1), two black eyes (2,3), the nose hole (4) and the Jaw and teeth indent (5,6??). Due to the fact that it would be co-ordinates that might be a much faster way to display an object moving along with the mouse. Images seem very slow through ruby for some reason.

Still good, but the motion of them can glitch.
ruby_mouse_move_example.fsm
Mouse move example
(10.5 KiB) Downloaded 927 times
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Previous

Return to User Examples