Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Combellish (Beta)- Comb filter-based phase shifter-y-thing

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Combellish (Beta)- Comb filter-based phase shifter-y-thi

Postby Duckett » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:45 am

wlangfor@uoguelph.ca wrote:
Duckett wrote:Thanks Halon!
I've been occupied with various demands on my time that haven't let me lavish any attention on Combellish, but that should change this week- another update is coming, I promise! ;)

Would you mind if I used some of the parts for a vocal shaper and width enhancer? I'd of course give credit.

Sorry for the delayed response- not at all, be my guest ;)
We have to train ourselves so that we can improvise on anything... a bird, a sock, a fuming beaker! This, too, can be music. Anything can be music. -Biff Debris
Duckett

Postby Duckett » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:28 am

Howdy FS friends and neighbors- Yet another Combellish update! I finally got some time to get some things done, though all is still not as I'd like...
The Mod 1/Mod 2 knobs are now linkable via an LED switch between them, and my first addition of a hover help text explains it (I moved things around slightly so that it and all other help text will appear in the lower right corner below the preset manager). The Hover Help is also able to be switched on and off via another LED switch. What's bugging me is, I'd had a bit of trial-and-error trouble altering the original "linkable knobs" in such a way that they worked sensibly in presets- especially in switching back and forth between presets, where the knobs would seem to "remember" the values from whatever the last preset was. I seemed to have ironed that out, but the other issue (I think has something to do with the "offset from default" aspect of the linking system) is the knob values changing slightly simply by clicking the link switch to on. My brain is telling me I need to stop looking at the schematic, it's fatigued and can't offer anything other than "Why can't it just cooperate?!?" Therefore, I once again beg the assistance of wiser minds in getting Combellish to at least a condition of everything working like one would expect it to, as opposed to "It might be cool if it wasn't broken in key places..."
We have to train ourselves so that we can improvise on anything... a bird, a sock, a fuming beaker! This, too, can be music. Anything can be music. -Biff Debris
Duckett

Postby Halon » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:10 am

Thanks Duckett :)
Halon

Postby Duckett » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:32 am

Hey gang- some slight Combellish (new update on first page) news, albeit a bit tardy.. the kind souls of Fanan Team were able to slap some host sync in it (many thanks, sorry you had to wade through the spaghetti, guys!), so there's that... very pleased since that was the number one "dealbreaker" I'd heard from earlier feedback.

I've also had recent useful (positive, even!) testing feedback from Omri Cohen (a VCV Rack YouTuber) and Tom over at BPB.. some consistent negative feedback thus far has been the GUI- but I'm not much better than a drooling idiot for good GUI work (probably since I got tired of Inkscape never running on my system).

I'd tried to have some semblance of signal flow or logic to the controls- but a gift for GUI greatness, or a surplus of patience once sound processing's sorted, has not manifested itself of late. I'm aware people have their own projects and would never ask for any time or energy you don't have.. but, if left solely up to me, Combellish won't win any beauty pageants, to be sure :P
Duckett

Postby DaveyBoy » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:00 pm

Combellish won't win any beauty pageants

Neither will the schematic . . looks like a street map of the UK :lol:
DaveyBoy

Postby Duckett » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:19 am

You tell no lies- if my mind wasn't terrible at using wireless links properly, that would go a fair mile toward a tidier schematic... warning: do not use schematic for road navigation! :P
Duckett

Previous

Return to User Examples