Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Tempo-Synced LFO

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Tempo-Synced LFO

Postby Perfect Human Interface » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:40 pm

Hey, here's a basic tempo-synced LFO I put together. I'm not sure if someone's already made and shared something better but I couldn't immediately find one searching the forums so I just made one myself.

Any feedback, suggestions, or improvements are welcome.

EDIT: Updated with more sync rates and a Base control (transposes the waveform up or down).

Sync LFO.PNG
Sync LFO.PNG (18.94 KiB) Viewed 24327 times
Attachments
Sync_LFO_1.1 by Perfect Human Interface.fsm
(17.3 KiB) Downloaded 1708 times
Perfect Human Interface

Re: Tempo-Synced LFO

Postby newdsp » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:47 am

It doesn't open with v3.0.9b2-3319-gd51130b. Do you remember which FS version you used when you saved it ?
newdsp

Postby trogluddite » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:10 pm

Here's my alternative version from a year or two ago: SyLFO (my dumb, made-up name probably fooled the search engine!)
They're not quite the same, though: mine locks the phase to the actual bar/beat position when it's inside a VST host, and has a couple of extra waveform options. However, it doesn't have your bi-polar or base-level options, and it's a bit tricker to use, as it needs a wireless "master" module as well as the LFO (NB: my version is also reported to fail in v3.0.9).
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby josevo » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:10 pm

newdsp wrote:It doesn't open with v3.0.9b2-3319-gd51130b. Do you remember which FS version you used when you saved it ?

It's working in v3.0.8.1 (stable)
I think beta versions (e.g. v3.0.9b2) are good for beta-testing, not for sharing.
josevo

Postby trogluddite » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:48 pm

josevo wrote:It's working in v3.0.8.1 (stable)
I think beta versions (e.g. v3.0.9b2) are good for beta-testing, not for sharing.

3.0.6 is the most recent version which is accepted to be stable. All later versions have a critical bug in Ruby which causes memory leaks and slow Ruby execution. The betas should not be used for any reason - the current "in development" code has long superceded them, so they are no longer useful even for testing.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby Duckett » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:13 pm

I remember this- was quite excited at first to have found a synced LFO, but while often it would work fine while a schematic was open and FS was running, saving and re-opening, or exporting to VST/VSTi, would immediately freeze or crash either FS or the plugin host, depending- and it was always this LFO that was the culprit, for whatever reason; the most common behavior in FS would be no audio or processing through the module (the graphical cycle indicator always would work though), and any "touch" of a control on the LFO would freeze/crash FS.

Much thanks to you, Trog, for your wonderful SyLFO. Tempo-syncing is probably the number-one thing I got asked about Combellish when asking potential testers- I'm still very thankful to kortezz for wading through my spaghetti to help there ;)
We have to train ourselves so that we can improvise on anything... a bird, a sock, a fuming beaker! This, too, can be music. Anything can be music. -Biff Debris
Duckett

Postby josevo » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:08 pm

trogluddite wrote:
josevo wrote:It's working in v3.0.8.1 (stable)

3.0.6 is the most recent version which is accepted to be stable. All later versions have a critical bug in Ruby which causes memory leaks and slow Ruby execution. The betas should not be used for any reason - the current "in development" code has long superceded them, so they are no longer useful even for testing.

I never expected that, Thank you!
I will use 3.0.6 from now on.
josevo

Return to User Examples