Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Synced LFO

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Synced LFO

Postby Nubeat7 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:55 am

ok, now everything is clear, its the same problem with your version because ppq in FS full version has no green output!(so it gets deconnected when loading in FS full) this is specific for the FL version! if you want it to work as vst you need to do everything in blue or read the PPQ with a 100 ticker..
Nubeat7

Postby Perfect Human Interface » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:20 am

Holy crap :o
You're absolutely right. Damn, I knew this was all going to be something really stupid. So there IS an incompatibility!

The good news is I believe this should be easily fixable. But dang... might as well just remove that "feature" if it's going to cause compatibility issues like this. :?

Edit: And there you have it... should work for different time sigs now too (just not with different "time divisions" in FL). And I guess that makes it sample accurate as well.

Thank you Nubeat!
Attachments
SuperSyncLFO v2.fsm
(53.33 KiB) Downloaded 1329 times
Perfect Human Interface

Postby tulamide » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:41 am

How annoying that something like a ppq prim is different between Full Flowstone and FS Flowstone. I wonder what else differs (I really thought it's just the audio part)?
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby Father » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:58 am

Perfect Human Interface wrote: And there you have it... should work for different time sigs now too (just not with different "time divisions" in FL). And I guess that makes it sample accurate as well.
!

New version seems to be working fine. Thank you Perfect Human!
Father

Postby Perfect Human Interface » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:00 pm

What a mess this thread turned into. :lol:
Perfect Human Interface

Postby Father » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:19 pm

Perfect Human Interface wrote:What a mess this thread turned into. :lol:

yeah we've learned very interesting stuff! Like FL studio's time signature being a pain!
Now is your version better in performance and accuracy?
Father

Postby Nubeat7 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:45 pm

Last edited by Nubeat7 on Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nubeat7

Postby Perfect Human Interface » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:13 am

Nubeat7 wrote:would be great to get some confirmation - if this is right we have the perfect ppq sync...

Confirmation of what exactly, that it works in FL? It works in FL as long as you don't change the "time division" setting, as per the earlier discussion. If someone does want to change that, there's nothing that can be done about it on our end until either a) we can determine which DAW is being used, or b) FL's PPQ output is changed to be what it should be in those cases. There's no way to compensate for PPQ outputting different values between DAWs without being able to determine the DAW.

there is just one little issue in your version - if you stop playing the last 'bar position' or phase position isn't recognised so it is out of phase after stop playing...

Indeed, and somewhere above I had mentioned this. In the green version I employed a sample and hold but even that wasn't getting the value for some reason; weird trigger orders or something. This probably isn't very important but I'm sure there's a way to fix it. Actually sample and hold is probably still the way to go.

I'm not sure what exactly you uploaded as it crashed when I tried to open it (on my laptop anyways). Did you add any 3.0.5 stuff? On my laptop I'm actually still on 3.0.2... (Flowstone's toolbox doesn't work right on here anyways), on my workstation, 3.0.4.
Perfect Human Interface

Postby Nubeat7 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:54 am

Perfect Human Interface wrote:Edit: And there you have it... should work for different time sigs now too (just not with different "time divisions" in FL). And I guess that makes it sample accurate as well.

oh just overread the 'just not'.....

yes its exported in 3.05..

anyways i deleted it after its not working right in fl...
Nubeat7

Postby Perfect Human Interface » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:08 pm

Small update.
Minor optimization by replacing the stream division I added when converting to PPQ mono with a multiplication.

I also added a line of DSP code to maintain the phase of the LFO after playback is stopped. However, this seems to sometimes spit out a 0 value for a split second when playback is stopped before the correct, in-phase values are output. Oddly enough this only seems to happen when I click the "stop" button in FL and never when I click "pause" (although that's according to the visual feedback, which is on a green ticker).

I put this down to green timing, which I don't think can be overcome in this design since green is used to switch everything over. This is a feature which kind of looks nice but I don't think has a practical purpose anyways. If you can come up with a cheap and sample-accurate way to achieve this, cool, but I think we should be fine without it.

With that in mind, I'm uploading a version with and without the "fix" for the phase resetting on playback stop. My recommendation is that you stick with the "without" version if you're going to make use of this.

And, if anyone wants to take a swing at improving or building upon this design, please feel free to do so.
Attachments
Super Sync LFO v2.1_stop phase.fsm
(46.77 KiB) Downloaded 1357 times
Super Sync LFO v2.1.fsm
Use this one.
(46.47 KiB) Downloaded 1369 times
Perfect Human Interface

PreviousNext

Return to User Examples