Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Motor Sport Data Logger

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Motor Sport Data Logger

Postby Embedded » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:33 pm

Here's my latest fun project, a GPS data logger and analyzer for motor sport!

Using the GPS Mouse supported by FlowStone I have made a race car data logging app that automatically records your gps position 10 times a second, this also has a real-time speedo. This data is saved to a file once you come to a stop:

EZGPSData002LR.png
GPS Data Logger
EZGPSData002LR.png (126.54 KiB) Viewed 17187 times

You can then open the GPS data file in the lap analyzer app. This displays speed vs time, plus draws a map of your circuit etc. It will also auto detect laps so you can compare them side by side to see why one was faster than the other. To top it off you can load and sync a video of the race to see your exact line for each corner etc.

EZTrackData005LR.png
Track Analyzer
EZTrackData005LR.png (205.95 KiB) Viewed 17187 times

This started a just a bit of fun, but I've now made a quick website to share it with the world!

http://www.eztrackdata.com
Embedded

Re: Motor Sport Data Logger

Postby fixstuff555 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:26 am

Great example application! Very nicely done. Is this something you plan on selling commercially? I see that it is a free download - do you have any plans to upload the flowstone project? I would love to see your schematic for this, but I understand if you aren't planning on allowing that.
fixstuff555

Re: Motor Sport Data Logger

Postby Embedded » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:24 am

fixstuff555

I have no commercial plans, it was just a fun project for personal use that sort of got out of hand.

What is great is, having a proper project to work on I have learned a lot about FlowStone, especially screen redraws and how to optimise them. The hardest was the speedo, with all of the little lines, the solution was to use FlowStone to render it as a bit map, and use that.

I don't mind sharing the code with you as we have worked on a couple of projects before. However it needs a bit of tidying, it sort of grew exponentially ;)
Embedded

Return to User Examples