Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Loudness Meter-Comparison Tool - EBU R128

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Loudness Meter-Comparison Tool - EBU R128

Postby ElCuco » Sat May 16, 2015 5:51 pm

Oki I open a new post for this.
All what I try fail!!
ElCuco

Re: Loudness Meter-Comparison Tool - EBU R128

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:45 pm

I am working on a project which deals with distance and relativity to proximity (pan). And K weighting provides Me an industry standard I can comparatively use for a project which use dba to frequency and distance calculations.

Project Screenshot:
distance standalone.png
Distance Proximity virtualizer screenshot
distance standalone.png (70.62 KiB) Viewed 6591 times

Project Link:
http://www.flowstone.co.uk/support/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13661&sid=ea2...

Is it OK if I use Your .fsm example towards this end? My curiosity and rationale has been scientific but I suppose upon any amount of technically accurate success I may want (a) product from the fruition of that to be commercial. Can You, Youlean Please give Me Your thoughts on that?

If strictly free I think that would be ok too; But what I am doing is creating a calibrated low-pass system which varies upon pan so as to replace Pan law. It's only amplitude after all and dependent on that distance some frequencies could not be heard.
I'm trying to make a new standard and it seems fitting that your name be involved in that cause?

It would be a lot simpler if there were DBFs to DBSPL and DBA conversion calculators, but in many tenses that is called impractical and impossible. Perhaps K weighting and Your example would lead me to a solution that perhaps could be accepted as a credible replacement for pan, at least in VST and AU, AAX; Assuming that the algorithm was re-invented, I believe the implications could be very enlightening :).
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Previous

Return to User Examples