Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Mercury - A monophonic VA

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Mercury - A monophonic VA

Postby kortezzzz » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:05 pm

I can see where it comes from now. It come from the graph module that connected to the oscillators. You can simply replace it with one of the reliable Ruby scopes that have been posted here on the forum.
kortezzzz

Postby Halon » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:45 pm

Aha. I'll rework the lines then. 390.000 triggers? Is that normal? Also i'll see if i can find one of those Ruby scopes.
Halon

Postby kortezzzz » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:57 pm

390,000 triggers are not normal. After I switched to a Ruby scope, it has decreased to 450 only... insane thing :shock:
I got the scope in my toolbox, but unfortunately, I can upload it only as the newest alfa fsm. Let me know if you got this version and you normally develop with it. Good luck!
kortezzzz

Postby Halon » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:53 am

I do like the look of the scopes im using but i guess i could always replace them.
Halon

Postby trogluddite » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:52 pm

Well, since no-one else has mentioned the sound of the thing yet, I thought I'd just say that I love how there are so many ways to add a bit of controllable bite and aggression to the sounds in a nicely analogue-sounding way - right up my street!
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby Halon » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:49 pm

trogluddite wrote:Well, since no-one else has mentioned the sound of the thing yet, I thought I'd just say that I love how there are so many ways to add a bit of controllable bite and aggression to the sounds in a nicely analogue-sounding way - right up my street!

Thank you for the nice comment trog :o Really appreciate it!
There is a oversample module in there but not certain where to actually place it. Should the entire schematic be placed inside the oversample module perhaps?
Halon

Postby BobF » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:54 pm

Hello Halon,

This is a really nice sounding Synth and I really love your GUI , very realistic! Love the orange switches and the knobs also, may use them is some up coming projects if I may.

Great work! Later then, BobF.....
BobF

Postby Halon » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:47 pm

BobF wrote:Hello Halon,

This is a really nice sounding Synth and I really love your GUI , very realistic! Love the orange switches and the knobs also, may use them is some up coming projects if I may.

Great work! Later then, BobF.....

Thank you for your nice comment Bob. Im glad you like it. :)

Yes take whatever you want to. The knobs i downloaded from the old synthmaker forum if i remember correctly, and the red switches i borrowed from Spoggs ASS synth. :)
Halon

Postby Spogg » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:04 pm

I just got back home after 10 days so I was finally able to look at this.
I really like all of it; the look, layout and preset sounds.

Relatively simple synths like this actually have a huge range and can provide pretty much all the essential “synthesiser” sounds you might want and be straight forward to navigate and create sounds.
So I say very well done!

Now comes the but… :lol:

There are a few duplicate preset parameter names as highlighted in the attached document. These should be resolved so the synth can run correctly in a DAW and songs will keep their tweaks and settings.
Once done, and maybe with a few more presets, I’d like to upload this onto the Flowstoners website, if you agree.

Thank you for sharing your work. As an aside, for anyone interested, I made the ASS rocker switches using Minimoog front panel pictures I found online.

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Duplicate preset parameters_.zip
(11.93 KiB) Downloaded 865 times
Spogg

Postby Halon » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:31 pm

Thanks for chiming in spogg. Always appreciate it. :D

I will fix the duplicate preset names as soon as possible, i must have overlooked that. I will also add more presets aswell, i did think that there were too few of those before i uploaded the schematic. Also kortezzz said that the scopes ouputs over 300.000 triggers, is that going to mess with the audio path or the performance somehow? And you might have noticed the oversample module inside. Should i place the entire schematic inside the oversample module? The synth sounds fine without it though.
Halon

PreviousNext

Return to User Examples