Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

(RUBY) Advanced Color Management

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: (RUBY) Generic Color Mixer incl. alpha

Postby Perfect Human Interface » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:39 am

tulamide wrote:by restricting hue to integers, we wouldn't be able to map all rgb colors.

Understood. However, it's still far more than we need. When I go to decide what color I want my knobs to be I don't need 16 million options. I don't think anyone has complained about the HSV prims not being precise enough.
Perfect Human Interface

Postby Nubeat7 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:49 am

tulamide wrote: If you don't mind, I will implement it and work out a way to have more palette options regarding this.

sure, it was meant as an idea and i didn't invest too much time and testing, please use it however you want,

i really like it how it is atm and i think it shouldn't go too complex, it is really easy and intuitive to use (maybe include a help primitive with a short text which describes the left, right and shift+right buttons for the palette),

grouping also sounds interesting (not bad to have backgrouds, controls and text or so..) and i also would think about saving the palette on disk to use the palettes in other projects too..

one little thing, maybe it would be useful to split the actual color field in 2 fields - "new" and "before" (last selected) somehow similar like in photoshop..

about all the hsv,cmyk,lab.... to have all of them on the top is really useless and just confusing, if this should be implemented then i would maybe do one field where you can select some different ways or some switch which switches between hsv/rgb and lab/cmyk... as i said before i really like the not overloaded and clear surface which makes it easy and intuitive to use,

what about adding hold some keycombinations while dragging inside the colorwheel to drag just horizontal, vertical or diagonal?
Nubeat7

Postby tulamide » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:41 am

I need quick help. For the color palette I need icons. I create them from scalable polygons created in Ruby, so won't change the shapes. But, please have a look at those two diagonal arrows:
icons.png
icons.png (455 Bytes) Viewed 24268 times

Which one should stand for exporting and which one for importing palettes? I have something in mind, but I'm left-handed, so might be going in the exact opposite. This is a non-technical question, so no excuse this time, if only the usual suspects, Nubeat and PHI, bother to help ;)

Thanks in advance,
T.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby Nubeat7 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:07 am

hmm, i think arrow down for "save to disk", and arrow up to "load from disk" would be logical or? i have only download buttons in my mind atm where the arrow shows down normally..

(while if you save/load it to/from cloud it would be logical the other way around :? )
Nubeat7

Postby tulamide » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:47 am

Thank you :)

To all others: I always help wherever I can. I answer to each question I can somehow contribute to. Now I'm asking for a simple thing for a module I create for you, and nobody is willing to help?
It's very simple. If only Nubeat and PHI are contributing, I can as well share the new version just with those two. If you really prefer that?
Also, each new module I'll post on Flowstone Guru will only be accessible to members of Guru, and only if they rate. I'm sick of creating for hordes of leechers.

Note, that it is totally against my thinking! I think, a community should share. They should, because this makes every next project better and better. But, sharing doesn't mean, one offers, and the others take. What you give back, is your decision. From a little "Thanks", over answering simple questions like this one, up to offering schematics as well.

And just because you don't do audio yourself, but maybe robotics, doesn't hinder to answer a question like the one I asked! The module the question is for, also isn't just interesting for audio enthusiasts, but for every application.

Or is it really true that this com consists of half a dozen team workers and hundreds of egoists?
tulamide

Postby RJHollins » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:46 am

Well ... I've been following along with this [and nearly every other thread] in 'quiet' mode because I'm trying to learn from those much more experienced [not just with FS].

You ask for opinion regarding arrows meaning. This would only be MY opinion, but I'd think that a DOWN arrow would hint at pointing INTERNAL ... so I'd imply an IMPORT. While an UP arrow senses something moving out or away ... like an EXPORT.

I'm RIGHT HANDED ... but that hasn't always been useful :lol:
RJHollins

Postby tulamide » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:28 pm

Thank you RJ :)

It was hard work, but the main module (the color mixer itself), is completed. However, I can't publish it, because I still don't know which icon should represent what. That's a bit sad and disappointing. Obviously, I'm able to program a complex module faster than people are able to write a line. You decide, if you want access to it, or not...
tulamide

Postby martinvicanek » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:39 pm

my 2ct:
import: arrow from top left to bottom right, with a little bend upwards
export: arrow from bottom left to top right, again with a little bend upwards
martinvicanek

Postby Nubeat7 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:00 pm

hmm, i think martin is right, when i think with the words import and export this sounds logical, with save and load i would think the opposite.. damn thats confusing :?

i know the place is rare but as it looks it is not really clear whats more logical, and it will be confusing anyways, doesn't matter what you will take (at least for me), so i would think about to name the buttons with text too also shorties would do it, like "imp." /"exp." just to make it clear..
Nubeat7

Postby tulamide » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:14 pm

It was indeed, what I had in mind, too. RJ, Martin, and now you - that's 4 people. I might go with it!

@Nubeat7: check your email ;)
tulamide

PreviousNext

Return to User Examples